Affiliation: St George's Hospital Medical School
- MRI hyperintensities of the temporal lobe and external capsule in patients with CADASILM O'SULLIVAN
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Neurology 56:628-34. 2001..No previous study has sought to identify specific radiologic markers of CADASIL...
- Evidence for cortical "disconnection" as a mechanism of age-related cognitive declineM O'SULLIVAN
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Neurology 57:632-8. 2001..It has been suggested that cortical "disconnection" due to the loss of white matter fibers may play an important role. But, to date, there has been no direct demonstration of structural disconnection in humans in vivo...
- Normal-appearing white matter in ischemic leukoaraiosis: a diffusion tensor MRI studyM O'SULLIVAN
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Neurology 57:2307-10. 2001..These changes correlated with executive dysfunction assessed by the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test...
- Patterns of cerebral blood flow reduction in patients with ischemic leukoaraiosisM O'SULLIVAN
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, St George s Hospital, King s College Hospital and Institute of Psychiatry, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Neurology 59:321-6. 2002..Demonstrating changes in normal-appearing white matter would provide clues to the importance of hypoperfusion in pathogenesis and would be an obvious target for therapies aimed at restoring white matter blood flow...
- Damage within a network of white matter regions underlies executive dysfunction in CADASILM O'SULLIVAN
Clinical Neuroscience, St George s, University of London, UK
Neurology 65:1584-90. 2005....
- Brief cognitive assessment for patients with cerebral small vessel diseaseM O'SULLIVAN
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, St George s Hospital Medical School, London SW15, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:1140-5. 2005..The cognitive deficit differs from that in Alzheimer's disease, with greater executive/attentional dysfunction and relatively intact episodic memory...
- Diffusion tensor MRI correlates with executive dysfunction in patients with ischaemic leukoaraiosisM O'SULLIVAN
Clinical Neuroscience, St George s Hospital Medical School, London SW17, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:441-7. 2004..However, there is a weak correlation between T2 lesion load and cognitive impairment. Diffusion tensor MRI (DTI) is a new technique that may provide a better index of white matter damage...
- White matter damage on diffusion tensor imaging correlates with age-related cognitive declineR A Charlton
Clinical Neuroscience, St George s University of London, UK
Neurology 66:217-22. 2006..Damage to white matter tracts, resulting in "cerebral disconnection," may underlie age-related cognitive decline...
- Reduced cerebral blood flow in white matter in ischaemic leukoaraiosis demonstrated using quantitative exogenous contrast based perfusion MRIH S Markus
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas Hospital School of Medicine and the Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 69:48-53. 2000..This technique was applied to patients with ischaemic leukoaraiosis to determine whether reduced white matter CBF in this patient group could be demonstrated...
- Endothelial nitric oxide gene haplotypes and risk of cerebral small-vessel diseaseA Hassan
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Stroke 35:654-9. 2004....