Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: St George's
- Common genetic variation near the phospholamban gene is associated with cardiac repolarisation: meta-analysis of three genome-wide association studiesIlja M Nolte
Unit of Genetic Epidemiology and Bioinformatics, Department of Epidemiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e6138. 2009..These data offer further mechanistic insights into genetic influence on the QT interval which may predispose to life threatening arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death...
- Common variation in the NOS1AP gene is associated with drug-induced QT prolongation and ventricular arrhythmiaYalda Jamshidi
St George s University of London, London, UK
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:841-50. 2012..This study sought to determine whether variations in NOS1AP affect drug-induced long QT syndrome (LQTS)...
- Novel genes for QTc interval. How much heritability is explained, and how much is left to find?Yalda Jamshidi
Division of Clinical Developmental Sciences, St George s University of London, London, UK
Genome Med 2:35. 2010..Additional discovery of both common and rare variants will yield further etiological insight and accelerate clinical applications...
- Heritability of QT interval: how much is explained by genes for resting heart rate?Chrysoula Dalageorgou
Division of Clinical Developmental Sciences, St George s University of London, UK
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:386-91. 2008..We also studied the extent to which heritability of QT interval can be explained by genes that also influence resting heart rate...
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies multiple loci related to resting heart rateMark Eijgelsheim
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 19:3885-94. 2010..6%, suggesting that some loci falling short of genome-wide significance are likely truly associated. Future research is warranted to elucidate underlying mechanisms that may impact clinical care...
- The age-dependency of genetic and environmental influences on serum cytokine levels: a twin studyArthur A Sas
Unit of Genetic Epidemiology and Bioinformatics, Department of Epidemiology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Cytokine 60:108-13. 2012..In addition, the role of age as a possible moderator on these influences was evaluated...
- The genetics of pro-arrhythmic adverse drug reactionsEvmorfia Petropoulou
Human Genetics Research Centre, Division of Biomedical Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, SW17 0RE, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 77:618-25. 2014..This review provides an overview of the current understanding of the role of genetic variants in modulating the risk of drug induced arrhythmias. ..
- Genome wide analysis of drug-induced torsades de pointes: lack of common variants with large effect sizesElijah R Behr
Cardiovascular Sciences and Genetics Research Centers, St George s University of London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e78511. 2013..This study argues that common genomic variants do not contribute importantly to risk for drug-induced Torsades de Pointes across multiple drugs. ..