T B Hassan
Affiliation: St James's University Hospital
- A randomised trial to investigate the efficacy of magnesium sulphate for refractory ventricular fibrillationT B Hassan
Accident and Emergency Department, The General Infirmary at Leeds, UK
Emerg Med J 19:57-62. 2002..However, outcome remains poor if there is no response to initial defibrillation. Some evidence suggests that intravenous magnesium may prove to be an effective antiarrhythmic agent in such circumstances...
- Delphi type methodology to develop consensus on the future design of EMS systems in the United KingdomT B Hassan
Accident and Emergency Department, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Emerg Med J 19:155-9. 2002..To develop consensus opinion on future design characteristics of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) systems in the UK with particular regard to advanced life support skills (ALS)...
- Clinical decision units in the emergency department: old concepts, new paradigms, and refined gate keepingT B Hassan
Department of Emergency Medicine, General Informary of Leeds, The Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Emerg Med J 20:123-5. 2003
- The point of the needle. Occult pneumothorax: a reviewP Gilligan
Department of Accident and Emergency Medicine, The Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Emerg Med J 20:293-6. 2003..The evidence for management of occult pneumothorax particularly in patients with underlying lung disease is reviewed and solutions to the acute clinical problems that may arise are suggested...
- What are the beliefs and attitudes of paramedics to prehospital thrombolysis? A questionnaire studyJ Humphrey
Barnsley District General Hospital, Barnsley, UK
Emerg Med J 22:450-1. 2005..Paramedic delivered prehospital thrombolysis (PHT) has been proposed. To the authors' knowledge there has been no research carried out to ascertain the views of paramedics...
- Evaluation of focussed assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST) by UK emergency physiciansJ Brenchley
Emergency Department, Barnsley Hospital, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK
Emerg Med J 23:446-8. 2006..To evaluate the introduction of a focussed assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST) scan into the early assessment of trauma patients in the UK...