J Anthony Child
Affiliation: St James's University Hospital
- High-dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic stem-cell rescue for multiple myelomaJ Anthony Child
Academic Unit of Haematology and Oncology, Cancer Research United Kingdom Clinical Centre, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 348:1875-83. 2003..In multiple myeloma, first-line regimens incorporating high-dose therapy yield higher remission rates than do conventional-dose treatments, but evidence that this translates into improved survival is limited...
- Flow cytometric disease monitoring in multiple myeloma: the relationship between normal and neoplastic plasma cells predicts outcome after transplantationAndy C Rawstron
Academic Unit of Haematology and Oncology, Algernon Firth Building, University of Leeds, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Blood 100:3095-100. 2002..036). Analysis of normal and neoplastic plasma cell levels is more sensitive than immunofixation and can identify which patients may benefit from additional treatment strategies at an early stage after transplantation...
- Polymorphic variation in GSTP1 modulates outcome following therapy for multiple myelomaRanjit K Dasgupta
Academic Unit of Hematology and Oncology, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Blood 102:2345-50. 2003..No difference in outcome by genotype was found for patients treated with high-dose therapy. However, the progression-free survival advantage of the high-dose arm was seen only in patients homozygous for 105Ile (P =.008)...
- Minimal residual disease assessed by multiparameter flow cytometry in multiple myeloma: impact on outcome in the Medical Research Council Myeloma IX StudyAndy C Rawstron
St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 31:2540-7. 2013..To investigate the prognostic value of minimal residual disease (MRD) assessment in patients with multiple myeloma treated in the MRC (Medical Research Council) Myeloma IX trial...
- Genomic characterization of the chromosomal breakpoints of t(4;14) of multiple myeloma suggests more than one possible aetiological mechanismJames A L Fenton
Academic Unit of Haematology and Oncology, Algernon Firth Building, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Oncogene 22:1103-13. 2003....
- Myeloma management guidelines: a consensus report from the Scientific Advisors of the International Myeloma FoundationBrian G M Durie
Cedars Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hematol J 4:379-98. 2003..2. Staging and prognostic factors. 3. Frontline therapy. 4. High-dose therapy and transplant. 5. Maintenance therapy. 6. Supportive care and management of specific complications. 7. Novel therapies and new technologies...
- Future directions in multiple myeloma treatmentJ Anthony Child
General Infirmary and University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Acta Haematol 114:8-13. 2005..The use of genetic profiles to further delineate groups for different treatment approaches should enable the introduction of patient-specific treatment programmes in the future...
- Home care versus hospital care in patients with multiple myeloma treated with pamidronateAlastair G Smith
Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 0YD, UK
Int J Palliat Nurs 10:144-9. 2004..Extra nursing specialist time was required for home therapy. Home therapy with pamidronate in patients with multiple myeloma appeared feasible and safe and was preferred by patients in this study...
- Early mortality after diagnosis of multiple myeloma: analysis of patients entered onto the United kingdom Medical Research Council trials between 1980 and 2002--Medical Research Council Adult Leukaemia Working PartyBradley M Augustson
Department of Immunology and Cancer Research United Kingdom Clinical Trials Unit, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:9219-26. 2005..We have studied early deaths in a series of large multicenter trials to assess direct causes of death, their predictability, and whether current management strategies have reduced their frequency...
- Effects of paraprotein heavy and light chain types and free light chain load on survival in myeloma: an analysis of patients receiving conventional-dose chemotherapy in Medical Research Council UK multiple myeloma trialsMark Drayson
Division of Immunity and Infection, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Vincent Drive, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Blood 108:2013-9. 2006..The worse survival of IgA patients was attributed to shorter progression-free survival (median, 1.2 vs 1.6 years; P < .001), which is important for maintenance therapy...
- CD52 expression patterns in myeloma and the applicability of alemtuzumab therapyAndy C Rawstron
Haematologica 91:1577-8. 2006..The data suggest that myeloma plasma cells are unlikely to be depleted by alemtuzumab in most patients...
- International staging system for multiple myelomaPhilip R Greipp
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3412-20. 2005..There is a need for a simple, reliable staging system for multiple myeloma that can be applied internationally for patient classification and stratification...