- Acute cardiac failure in neuroleptic malignant syndromePatrick Sparrow
Department of Cardiology, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
Eur J Heart Fail 5:575-8. 2003..Post mortem histology of cardiac and skeletal muscle showed similar changes of focal cellular necrosis and vacuolation suggesting a common disease process...
- Myocardial T1 mapping: application to patients with acute and chronic myocardial infarctionDaniel R Messroghli
BHF Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Magn Reson Med 58:34-40. 2007..Precontrast T(1) maps enable the detection of acute MI. Acute and chronic MI show different patterns of T(1) changes. Standardized T(1) thresholds provide the potential to dichotomously identify areas of infarction...
- Direct percutaneous jejunostomy--an underutilized interventional technique?Patrick Sparrow
Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5, Canada
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:336-41. 2008..We conclude that direct percutaneous jejunostomy is a valuable treatment modality applicable to a number of clinical scenarios, with a high technical success rate and low serious complication rate...
- Quantitative assessment of myocardial T2 relaxation times in cardiac amyloidosisPatrick Sparrow
Division of Cardiothoracic Imaging, Department of Medical Imaging, University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Magn Reson Imaging 30:942-6. 2009..To evaluate cardiac MRI (CMR) in the diagnosis of cardiac amyloidosis by comparing the T2 relaxation times of left ventricular myocardium in a pilot patient group to a normal range established in healthy controls...
- Myocardial T1 mapping for detection of left ventricular myocardial fibrosis in chronic aortic regurgitation: pilot studyPatrick Sparrow
Department of Radiology, British Heart Foundation Cardiac MRI Unit, General Infirmary at Leeds, Great George St, Rm 170, D Fl, Jubilee Wing, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:W630-5. 2006....
- Magnetic resonance imaging of a coronary fistula manifesting as a pericardial effusionPatrick Sparrow
British Heart Foundation Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Comput Assist Tomogr 30:250-3. 2006..Noninvasive cardiac assessment via MRI allows for identification of the anatomic basis and functional consequences of an unusual anomaly such as a coronary artery fistula...
- Tolerance of MRI vs. SPECT myocardial perfusion studies--a patient surveyPatrick Sparrow
Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Magn Reson Imaging 19:410-6. 2004..To compare patients' perceived satisfaction and tolerance of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) myocardial perfusion imaging...
- Ultrasonic-guided percutaneous injection of pancreatic pseudoaneurysm with thrombinPatrick Sparrow
Department of Radiology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:312-5. 2003..Follow-up at 8 weeks did not demonstrate recurrence. This case indicates that percutaneous thrombin injection offers effective treatment of visceral arterial pseudoaneurysms...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance of scar and ischemia burden early after acute ST elevation and non-ST elevation myocardial infarctionSven Plein
Academic Unit of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 10:47. 2008....
- Cardiac MRI and CT features of inheritable and congenital conditions associated with sudden cardiac deathPatrick Sparrow
Division of Cardiothoracic Imaging, Department of Medical Imaging, University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur Radiol 19:259-70. 2009....
- Delayed enhancement imaging: standardised segmental assessment of myocardial viability in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarctionKhaled Alfakih
Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Eur J Radiol 66:42-7. 2008..To prospectively compare a selective short axis slice positioning method (selective 3-of-5) used in combination with a single long-axis slice, to the conventional short axis multi-slice technique in the assessment of myocardial viability...