- Screening for tuberculosis prior to isoniazid preventive therapy among HIV-infected gold miners in South AfricaJ H Day
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:523-9. 2006..Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) clinic for employees of a gold mine, Free State, South Africa...
- Use of UNAIDS tools to evaluate HIV voluntary counselling and testing services for mineworkers in South AfricaS K Ginwalla
Clinical Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
AIDS Care 14:707-26. 2002..The study identified areas where training needs to be strengthened and suggested ways of improving the services, and changes to the service have now been implemented in line with these recommendations...
- Attitudes to HIV voluntary counselling and testing among mineworkers in South Africa: will availability of antiretroviral therapy encourage testing?J H Day
Aurun Health Research, Welkom, South Africa
AIDS Care 15:665-72. 2003..A vigorous community education programme is essential if the introduction of ART is to be effective in promoting uptake of VCT...
- Feasibility and acceptability of a specialist clinical service for HIV-infected mineworkers in South AfricaS Charalambous
Aurum Health Research, Welkom, South Africa
AIDS Care 16:47-56. 2004....
- Establishing a workplace antiretroviral therapy programme in South AfricaS Charalambous
Aurum Institute for Health Research, Marshalltown, South Africa
AIDS Care 19:34-41. 2007..The model may be generalizable to other employment health services in settings of high HIV prevalence, and as a model for implementing ART in other types of health-care settings...