- Idiopathic small bowel diaphragm disease identified by laparoscopic-assisted double-balloon enteroscopy in a child: an integrated successful definitive therapeutic methodGiampiero Soccorso
Paediatric Surgical Unit, Sheffield Children s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Pediatr Surg 47:1622-5. 2012..This report describes an integrated successful definitive therapeutic method of double-balloon enteroscopy and minimal invasive bowel surgery for small bowel pathology...
- 20 mm lithium button battery causing an oesophageal perforation in a toddler: lessons in diagnosis and treatmentGiampiero Soccorso
Paediatric Surgery Unit, Sheffield Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Western Bank, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S10 2TH, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:746-7. 2012..BBs (20 mm) in children should be removed quickly and close observation is required as the damage initiated by the battery can lead to a significant injury within a few hours...
- A ganglioneuroma of the sigmoid colon presenting as leading point of intussusception in a child: a case reportGiampiero Soccorso
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester, United Kingdom
J Pediatr Surg 44:e17-20. 2009..This is the first pediatric case described in the literature of a solitary polypoid GN presenting as a colocolic intussusception. We present a brief overview of intestinal ganglioneuromatous lesions and associated conditions...
- A giant ovarian cyst in a neonateGiampiero Soccorso
Sheffield Children s Hospital, Western Bank, S10 2TH, Sheffield, UK
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 22:e17-20. 2009..Surgery is indicated in the infantile period in case of very large, persisting or symptomatic cysts. Many surgeons feel that watchful waiting can be justified in newborns with simple and complex cysts...
- Acute scrotum: is scrotal exploration the best management?G Soccorso
University Hospitals of Leicester, Paediatric Surgery, Leicester, United Kingdom
Eur J Pediatr Surg 20:312-5. 2010..To validate our approach we investigated the accuracy of clinical diagnoses of all boys with AS admitted to our unit. Clinical features and diagnoses were correlated with operative findings...
- H-type tracheoesophageal fistula with type III laryngotracheoesophageal cleftBrice Antao
Paediatric Surgical Unit, Sheffield Children s Hospital, Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TH, UK
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:1373-6. 2007..We report a neonate with this combination of rare congenital anomalies. These associated malformations can have major implications in terms of resuscitation, diagnosis and surgical management, which are discussed...