- A review of the current treatment methods for posthaemorrhagic hydrocephalus of infantsDavid Shooman
Department of Neurosurgery, Wessex Neurological Centre, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO16 6YD, UK
Cerebrospinal Fluid Res 6:1. 2009..New therapeutic approaches in neonatal care, including those aimed at pre-empting PHH, offer the best hope of improving neurodevelopmental outcomes...
- Image-guided frameless stereotactic biopsy without intraoperative neuropathological examinationDavid Shooman
Department of Neurosurgery, Wessex Neurological Centre, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
J Neurosurg 113:170-8. 2010..Therefore, the authors questioned the need for intraoperative histological evaluation...
- Importance of the log rollD Shooman
Emergency Department, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, Yorkshire LS1 3EX, UK
Emerg Med J 26:539-40. 2009..A comprehensive literature search was undertaken to establish the current consensus on the timing of mobilisation and imaging...
- Use of intrathecal urokinase in repeated shunt and external ventricular drain blockage from high CSF protein due to an optic pathway gliomaDavid Shooman
Department of Neurosurgery, Wessex Neurological Centre, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6YD, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 26:607-11. 2010..High cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) protein is a recognised association of optic pathway gliomas. This can occlude ventriculoperitoneal (VP) shunt catheters or external ventricular drains (EVD)...
- A prospective study of the safety and efficacy of frameless, pinless electromagnetic image-guided biopsy of cerebral lesionsStuart E Harrisson
Department of Neurosurgery, Wessex Neurological Centre, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Southampton, United Kingdom
Neurosurgery 70:29-33; discussion 33. 2012..In recent years, frameless navigation techniques have been reported to be safe and effective for biopsy of cerebral lesions...