Susan A Nancarrow
Affiliation: Sheffield Hallam University
- Dynamic role boundaries in intermediate care servicesSusan Nancarrow
School of Health and Social Care, Sheffield Hallam University, Collegiate Crescent Campus, Sheffield, UK
J Interprof Care 18:141-51. 2004..Role overlap has the potential to optimise limited staff resources in an interprofessional working environment. Interprofessional working can be enhanced in the workplace through joint visits and shared working practices...
- The relationship between staff skill mix, costs and outcomes in intermediate care servicesSimon Dixon
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 10:221. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess the relationship between skill mix, patient outcomes, length of stay and service costs in older peoples' intermediate care services in England...
- An evaluation of the 'Designated Research Team' approach to building research capacity in primary careJo Cooke
Trent Research and Development Support Unit, School for Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
BMC Fam Pract 9:37. 2008....
- Understanding service context: development of a service pro forma to describe and measure elderly peoples' community and intermediate care servicesSusan A Nancarrow
Centre for Health and Social Care Research, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, UK
Health Soc Care Community 17:434-46. 2009..We propose that all service evaluations should describe, in detail, their context in a comparable way, so that other services can learn from and/or apply the findings from these studies...
- Looking inside the black box of community rehabilitation and intermediate care teams in the United Kingdom: an audit of service and staffingSusan Nancarrow
Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, Centre for Health and Social Care Research, Sheffield Hallam University, 33 Collegiate Crescent, Sheffield S102BP, UK
Qual Prim Care 17:323-33. 2009..To generate a picture of the range, configuration and staffing of community and intermediate care services in the United Kingdom (UK) and to ascertain whether any relationships exist between service configuration and staffing models...
- Support workers in intermediate careSusan A Nancarrow
University of Sheffield, Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, Community Sciences Center, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Health Soc Care Community 13:338-44. 2005..The employment of support worker staff jointly across health and social care raises cross-boundary issues around employment contracts and pay...
- Dynamic professional boundaries in the healthcare workforceSusan A Nancarrow
Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, University of Sheffield, ICOSS, 219 Portobello Road, Sheffield S1 4DP, UK
Sociol Health Illn 27:897-919. 2005....
- Stakeholder views of the training needs of an interprofessional practitioner who works with older peopleFiona Shield
Shropshire and Staffordshire Workforce Development Confederation, Mellor House, Corporation Street, Stafford, Staffordshire ST16 3SR, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 26:367-76. 2006..This paper, discusses the implications of the stakeholder views on interprofessional education and training...
- The impact of intermediate care services on job satisfaction, skills and career development opportunitiesSusan Nancarrow
The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Clin Nurs 16:1222-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine, in depth, the impact of intermediate care services on staff job satisfaction, skills development and career development opportunities...