Dominick E Shaw
- Association between neutrophilic airway inflammation and airflow limitation in adults with asthmaDominick E Shaw
Institute for Lung Health, Department of Respiratory Medicine and Thoracic Surgery, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Chest 132:1871-5. 2007..Chronic inflammation is assumed to be important, although there is limited and contradictory information about the relationship between airway inflammation and postbronchodilator FEV1...
- The use of exhaled nitric oxide to guide asthma management: a randomized controlled trialDominick E Shaw
Institute for Lung Health, Department of Respiratory Medicine and Thoracic Surgery, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:231-7. 2007..Current asthma guidelines recommend adjusting antiinflammatory treatment on the basis of the results of lung function tests and symptom assessment, neither of which are closely associated with airway inflammation...
- Evidence of a role of tumor necrosis factor alpha in refractory asthmaMike A Berry
Institute for Lung Health, University Hospital of Leicester National Health Service Trust, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 354:697-708. 2006..The development of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) antagonists has made it feasible to investigate the role of this cytokine in refractory asthma...
- Pathological features and inhaled corticosteroid response of eosinophilic and non-eosinophilic asthmaMike Berry
Institute for Lung Health, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Thorax 62:1043-9. 2007..However, little is known about the underlying airway immunopathology and there are no data from placebo-controlled studies examining the effect of inhaled corticosteroids...
- Inflammometry to assess airway diseasesIan D Pavord
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Allergy and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Lancet 372:1017-9. 2008