- Longitudinal study of genital infection by herpes simplex virus type 1 in Western Scotland over 15 yearsAnne Scoular
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Sandyford Initiative, Glasgow G3 7NB, UK
BMJ 324:1366-7. 2002
- "That sort of place...where filthy men go...": a qualitative study of women's perceptions of genitourinary medicine servicesA Scoular
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, The Sandyford Initiative, 2 Sandyford Place, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7NP, UK
Sex Transm Infect 77:340-3. 2001..Although several studies report the effects of stigma, no study to date has attempted to investigate its nature, which is a prerequisite to designing health interventions...
- The 'real-world' impact of improved diagnostic techniques for Chlamydia trachomatis infection in GlasgowA Scoular
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, The Sandyford Intiative, 2 Sandyford Place, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G3 7NB
Commun Dis Public Health 4:200-4. 2001..Substantial health gains are likely to be achieved, at both an individual and public health level, as a result of introduction of LCR testing for genital chlamydial infection...
- Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis of genital herpes in a genitourinary medicine clinicA Scoular
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, North Glasgow Hospitals University NHS Trust, Glasgow, UK
Sex Transm Infect 78:21-5. 2002..However, recent methodological advances have rendered PCR more applicable to routine practice. Aim: To compare automated PCR with viral culture for diagnosis of genital herpes...
- Using the evidence base on genital herpes: optimising the use of diagnostic tests and information provisionA Scoular
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, The Sandyford Initiative, Glasgow, UK
Sex Transm Infect 78:160-5. 2002..These include acquisition and transmission of genital HSV-1 and HSV-2 infection, the natural history of genital herpes, and the role of partner notification...
- Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis in genitourinary medicine clinic attendees: comparison of strand displacement amplification and the ligase chain reactionR A McCartney
West of Scotland Regional Virus Laboratory, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Br J Biomed Sci 58:235-8. 2001..In this high-prevalence population, SDA assay is an effective method for the detection of C. trachomatis in FCU specimens in men and in ECS (but not FCU) specimens in women. Further studies in lower-prevalence populations are required...
- To what extent does Neisseria gonorrhoeae multiantigen sequence typing of gonococcal isolates support information derived from patient interviews?K Abu-Rajab
Sandyford, 2 6 Sandyford Place, Glasgow G3 7NB, UK
Int J STD AIDS 20:414-7. 2009..Routinely observing the spread of common strains of gonorrhoea is likely best done from a larger geographical perspective unless a specific outbreak occurs...
- Hepatitis C virus among genitourinary clinic attenders in Scotland: unlinked anonymous testingD Goldberg
Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health, Glasgow, UK
Int J STD AIDS 12:17-21. 2001..Interventions to prevent the spread of HCV should be targeted mainly at injecting drug user (IDU) populations...
- What is the excess risk of infertility in women after genital chlamydia infection? A systematic review of the evidenceL A Wallace
Health Protection Scotland, Clifton House, Clifton Place, Glasgow, G3 7LN, UK
Sex Transm Infect 84:171-5. 2008..To summarise evidence on the attributable risk of infertility after chlamydial infection in women...
- Can we evaluate population screening strategies in UK general practice? A pilot randomised controlled trial comparing postal and opportunistic screening for genital chlamydial infectionAbiola Senok
General Practice and Primary Care, Division of Community Based Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:198-204. 2005..To assess whether opportunistic and postal screening strategies for Chlamydia trachomatis can be compared with usual care in a randomised trial in general practice...
- The case for social marketing in gonorrhoea prevention: insights from sexual lifestyles in Glasgow genitourinary medicine clinic attendeesAnne Scoular
MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow
Int J STD AIDS 19:545-9. 2008....