Anthony P Sampson
- FLAP inhibitors for the treatment of inflammatory diseasesAnthony P Sampson
University of Southampton, III Division, The Sir Henry Wellcome Building, Mailpoint 825, Level F, South Block, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 10:1163-72. 2009....
- Colonic expression of leukotriene-pathway enzymes in inflammatory bowel diseasesJames Jupp
Division of Infection, Inflammation and Repair, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:537-46. 2007..The expression of 5-lipoxygenase pathway proteins has not previously been examined in colonic mucosa in inflammatory bowel disease...
- Cysteinyl leukotrienes synergize with growth factors to induce proliferation of human bronchial fibroblastsHajime Yoshisue
Division of Infection, Inflammation and Repair, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:132-40. 2007..Cysteinyl leukotrienes (cys-LTs) are potent asthma-related mediators that function through their G protein-coupled receptors, cys-LT receptor type 1 (CysLT1R) and cys-LT receptor type 2 (CysLT2R)...
- Human bronchial fibroblasts express the 5-lipoxygenase pathwayAnna J James
Division of Infection, Inflammation and Repair IIR, University of Southampton, School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Respir Res 7:102. 2006..Fibroblast activity is influenced by members of the leukotriene family of bronchoconstrictor and inflammatory mediators, but it is not known whether human bronchial fibroblasts can synthesize leukotrienes...
- Increased expression of the 5-lipoxygenase pathway and its cellular localization in Barrett's adenocarcinomaPhilip C Boger
Department of Luminal Gastroenterology, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Histopathology 61:509-17. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the immunohistochemical expression of 5-LOX pathway proteins in oesophageal adenocarcinoma and its premalignant lesion, Barrett's metaplasia...
- Effects of cysteinyl leukotrienes and leukotriene receptor antagonists on markers of inflammationAnthony P Sampson
Respiratory Cell Division at Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:S49-59; discussion S59-61. 2003..Nitric oxide is also a surrogate marker of asthma and reflects airway inflammation. The anti-inflammatory effects of the leukotriene receptor antagonists and the markers of their activity continue to grow...