M K Rutter
- QT prolongation in patients with Type 2 diabetes and microalbuminuriaMartin K Rutter
Cardiology Department, Lahey Clinic, 41 Mall Rd, Burlington, MA 01805, USA
Clin Auton Res 12:366-72. 2002..QT prolongation may contribute to the increased mortality observed in microalbuminuric subjects with Type 2 diabetes...
- The changing costs and benefits of screening for asymptomatic coronary heart disease in patients with diabetesMartin K Rutter
Diabetes and General Internal Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:26-35. 2007..Carefully conducted clinical trails using state-of-the-art investigations and therapy in well-characterized patients with diabetes are urgently required to inform physicians on when and how to intervene...
- Increased left ventricular mass index and nocturnal systolic blood pressure in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus and microalbuminuriaM K Rutter
Department of Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabet Med 17:321-5. 2000..To compare left ventricular mass (LVM) index and function in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus with and without microalbuminuria and to investigate the clinical determinants of left ventricular hypertrophy...
- Significance of silent ischemia and microalbuminuria in predicting coronary events in asymptomatic patients with type 2 diabetesMartin K Rutter
Department of Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:56-61. 2002....
- Microalbuminuria is more frequent in South Asian than in European origin populations: a comparative study in Newcastle, UKC M Fischbacher
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle, UK
Diabet Med 20:31-6. 2003..Coronary heart disease (CHD) mortality is 40-50% higher in UK South Asians compared with the whole population, for reasons that are incompletely understood...
- C-reactive protein, the metabolic syndrome, and prediction of cardiovascular events in the Framingham Offspring StudyMartin K Rutter
Countess of Chester Hospital, Chester, UK
Circulation 110:380-5. 2004..Inflammation (assessed by C-reactive protein [CRP]) and the metabolic syndrome (MetS) are associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD), but population-based data are limited...
- Ischemia imaging and plaque imaging in diabetes: Complementary tools to improve cardiovascular risk management: Response to Raggi et alMartin K Rutter
Diabetes Care 29:1187; author reply 1188. 2006
- Impact of insulin resistance on risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in people with metabolic syndromeJames B Meigs
Harvard Medical School and the General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford St, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1219-25. 2007..Metabolic syndrome increases the risk for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and may be associated with insulin resistance...
- Use of alternative thresholds defining insulin resistance to predict incident type 2 diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular diseaseMartin K Rutter
Cardiovascular Research Group, Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, and The Manchester Diabetes Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
Circulation 117:1003-9. 2008....