Thomas H Witte
Affiliation: Royal Veterinary College
- Equine laryngoplasty sutures undergo increased loading during coughing and swallowingThomas H Witte
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Equine Performance Testing Clinic, Cornell University Hospital for Animals, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Vet Surg 39:949-56. 2010....
- A transducer for measuring force on surgical suturesThomas H Witte
Equine Performance Testing Clinic, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Cornell University Hospital for Animals, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, New York 14850, USA
Can J Vet Res 74:299-304. 2010..With appropriate calibration and short-term in vivo implantation, these transducers may advance our knowledge of the mechanisms of success and failure of techniques, such as laryngoplasty, that use structural suture implants...
- In vitro model for testing novel implants for equine laryngoplastyJon Cheetham
Department of Clinical Sciences, and Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Vet Surg 37:588-93. 2008..To develop an in vitro laryngeal model to mimic airflow and pressures experienced by horses at maximal exercise with which to test laryngoplasty techniques...
- A method for deriving displacement data during cyclical movement using an inertial sensorThilo Pfau
Structure and Motion Laboratory, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL9 7TA, UK
J Exp Biol 208:2503-14. 2005..6, 6.2), (-4.0, 3.8) and (-4.5, 5.1) for x, y and z displacement, respectively, during canter locomotion. This corresponds to (-3.2, 5.5)%, (-6.7, 6.3)% and (-3.3, 3.7)% of the range of motion...
- Centre of mass movement and mechanical energy fluctuation during gallop locomotion in the Thoroughbred racehorseThilo Pfau
Structure and Motion Laboratory, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, AL9 7TA, UK
J Exp Biol 209:3742-57. 2006..Elastic energy storage in the limbs was small compared to the overall amplitude of fluctuation of external mechanical energy. Galloping at high speeds does not therefore fit classical spring mass mechanics...
- The complex role of veterinary clinical teachers: how is their role perceived and what is expected of them?David M Bolt
Department of Veterinary Clincal Sciences, University of London, Hertfordshire, UK
J Vet Med Educ 37:388-94. 2010....
- Intralesional injection of insulin-like growth factor-I for treatment of superficial digital flexor tendonitis in Thoroughbred racehorses: 40 cases (2000-2004)Thomas H Witte
Comparative Orthopaedics Laboratory, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 239:992-7. 2011....