Affiliation: Royal United Hospital
- Kava and valerian in the treatment of stress-induced insomniaD Wheatley
Psychopharmacology Research Group, 10 Harley Street, London W1G 9PF, UK
Phytother Res 15:549-51. 2001..These compounds may be useful in the treatment of stress and insomnia but further studies are required to determine their relative roles for such indications...
- Triple-blind, placebo-controlled trial of Ginkgo biloba in sexual dysfunction due to antidepressant drugsDavid Wheatley
15 Elizabeth Court, Lower Kings Road, Kingston on Thames KT2 5HP, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 19:545-8. 2004..There were some spectacular individual responses in both groups, but no statistically significant differences, and no differences in side-effects...
- Medicinal plants for insomnia: a review of their pharmacology, efficacy and tolerabilityDavid Wheatley
Consultant Psychiatrist, Harley St, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 19:414-21. 2005..Consequently some conjecture on the part of the author is inevitable and should be appreciated as such...
- A pilot randomised, open, uncontrolled, clinical study of two dosages of St John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) herb extract (LI-160) as an aid to motivational/behavioural support in smoking cessationJoanne Barnes
Centre for Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy, School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
Planta Med 72:378-82. 2006..However, it may be premature to rule out a possible effect on the basis of a single, uncontrolled pilot study, and other approaches involving SJW extract may warrant investigation...
- St John's wort and depressionDavid Wheatley
JAMA 288:446; author reply 448-9. 2002
- Ginkgo and memoryDavid Wheatley
JAMA 289:546-7; author reply 547-8. 2003