Dirk C Strauss
Affiliation: Royal Marsden Hospital
- Surgical management of primary retroperitoneal sarcomaD C Strauss
Melanoma Sarcoma Unit, Department of Surgery, Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Br J Surg 97:698-706. 2010..Local recurrence after surgical resection is the main cause of disease-related mortality in patients with primary retroperitoneal sarcoma (RPS). This study analysed predictors of local recurrence and disease-specific survival...
- Transmission of donor melanoma by organ transplantationDirk C Strauss
Melanoma and Sarcoma Unit, Department of Surgery, Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 11:790-6. 2010..The transmission of malignancy by organ donation could be considered "nature's own experiment", but raises questions that our current understanding of the biology of melanoma cannot answer...
- The role of core needle biopsy in the diagnosis of suspected soft tissue tumoursD C Strauss
Sarcoma Unit, Department of Surgery, Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Fulham Road, London, UK
J Surg Oncol 102:523-9. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of core needle biopsy (CNB) in patients referred with the suspicion of a soft tissue sarcoma...
- Management of benign retroperitoneal schwannomas: a single-center experienceDirk C Strauss
Sarcoma Unit, Department of Surgery, Royal Marsden Hospital, NHS Foundation Trust, London, SW3 6JJ, UK
Am J Surg 202:194-8. 2011..We describe the presentation, diagnostic pathway, and management of 28 patients with benign retroperitoneal schwannomas...
- Retroperitoneal tumours: review of managementDirk C Strauss
Sarcoma Unit, Department of Surgery, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 93:275-80. 2011....
- Angiosarcoma developing in a non-functioning arteriovenous fistula post-renal transplantYassar A Qureshi
The Royal Marsden Hospital, Soft Tissue Sarcoma Unit, London, UK
J Surg Oncol 101:520-3. 2010..We describe a further case and review the relevant literature with specific emphasis on a possible mechanism for the development of angiosarcoma in the post-transplant patient...
- Does the two-week rule pathway improve the diagnosis of soft tissue sarcoma? A retrospective review of referral patterns and outcomes over five years in a regional sarcoma centreTim D Pencavel
Sarcoma and Melanoma Unit, Department of Academic Surgery, Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:417-21. 2010..We wished to assess the efficiency and appropriateness of patients referred under the Department of Health's general practitioner referral guidelines implemented for sarcomas in December 2000...
- Surgical management of late complications after colonic interposition for esophageal atresiaRishi Dhir
Department of Surgery, St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 86:1965-7. 2008..However, for patients with recurrent symptoms, further reconstructive options may be limited due to the lack of an available conduit, and long-term enteral feeding may be the only option for these patients...