Affiliation: Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Molecular, pharmacological and clinical aspects of liraglutide, a once-daily human GLP-1 analogueDavid Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 7XX, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 297:137-40. 2009....
- Psychometric properties of two measures of psychological well-being in adult growth hormone deficiencyCarolyn V McMillan
Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:16. 2006....
- Insulin-associated weight gain in diabetes--causes, effects and coping strategiesDavid Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:799-812. 2007..Elucidation of the pharmacological mechanisms underlying this property might help clarify the mechanisms linking insulin with weight regulation...
- Effects of QD insulin detemir or neutral protamine Hagedorn on blood glucose control in patients with type I diabetes mellitus using a basal-bolus regimenDavid Russell-Jones
Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 5XX, Surrey, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 26:724-36. 2004....
- Insulin detemir: improving the predictability of glycaemic controlD Russell-Jones
The Royal Surrey County Hospital and University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:S29-34. 2004..The improved predictability in insulin response offered by insulin detemir may be associated with a number of clinical benefits including a reduction in hypoglycaemia and weight gain...
- Liraglutide vs insulin glargine and placebo in combination with metformin and sulfonylurea therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus (LEAD-5 met+SU): a randomised controlled trialD Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Guildford Hospital, UK
Diabetologia 52:2046-55. 2009..The aim of the study was to compare the efficacy and safety of liraglutide in type 2 diabetes mellitus vs placebo and insulin glargine (A21Gly,B31Arg,B32Arg human insulin), all in combination with metformin and glimepiride...
- The safety and tolerability of GLP-1 receptor agonists in the treatment of type-2 diabetesD Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Cedar Centre at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
Int J Clin Pract 64:1402-14. 2010..GLP-1 receptor agonists thus offer a new and potentially useful option for clinicians concerned about some of the common adverse effects of type-2 diabetes therapies...
- Insulin analogues: an example of applied medical scienceB Sheldon
Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Research CEDAR, Royal Surrey County Hospital, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:5-19. 2009..Clinical studies have shown a lower relative risk of hypoglycaemia and detemir appears to have a weight-sparing action. Insulin analogues represent a successful example of applied medical science...
- Effects of rosiglitazone and pioglitazone on lipoprotein metabolism in patients with Type 2 diabetes and normal lipidsA L Brackenridge
Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Research, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XX, UK
Diabet Med 26:532-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to perform a quantitative lipoprotein turnover study to determine the effects of PPAR-gamma agonists on lipoprotein metabolism...
- Emergency management of diabetes and hypoglycaemiaA Brackenridge
Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Emerg Med J 23:183-5. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Hypoglycaemia is the commonest diabetic emergency and current management is suboptimal. Standardised protocols and better education of healthcare professionals and patients are required...
- Insulin detemir offers improved glycemic control compared with NPH insulin in people with type 1 diabetes: a randomized clinical trialPhilip Home
Department of Diabetes and Metabolism, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabetes Care 27:1081-7. 2004..Accordingly, insulin detemir has been compared with NPH insulin with respect to glycemic control (HbA1c, prebreakfast glucose levels and variability, and hypoglycemia) and timing of administration...
- Contrasting insulin sensitivity of endogenous glucose production rate in subjects with hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta and -1alpha mutationsAnna Brackenridge
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
Diabetes 55:405-11. 2006..This is likely to reflect reduced action of HNF-1beta in the liver and possibly the kidney. This may be mediated through regulation by HNF-1beta of the key gluconeogenic enzymes glucose-6-phosphatase or PEPCK...