Affiliation: Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Molecular, pharmacological and clinical aspects of liraglutide, a once-daily human GLP-1 analogueDavid Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 7XX, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 297:137-40. 2009....
- Psychometric properties of two measures of psychological well-being in adult growth hormone deficiencyCarolyn V McMillan
Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:16. 2006....
- Insulin-associated weight gain in diabetes--causes, effects and coping strategiesDavid Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:799-812. 2007..Elucidation of the pharmacological mechanisms underlying this property might help clarify the mechanisms linking insulin with weight regulation...
- Effects of QD insulin detemir or neutral protamine Hagedorn on blood glucose control in patients with type I diabetes mellitus using a basal-bolus regimenDavid Russell-Jones
Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 5XX, Surrey, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 26:724-36. 2004....
- Insulin detemir: improving the predictability of glycaemic controlD Russell-Jones
The Royal Surrey County Hospital and University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:S29-34. 2004..The improved predictability in insulin response offered by insulin detemir may be associated with a number of clinical benefits including a reduction in hypoglycaemia and weight gain...
- Liraglutide vs insulin glargine and placebo in combination with metformin and sulfonylurea therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus (LEAD-5 met+SU): a randomised controlled trialD Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Guildford Hospital, UK
Diabetologia 52:2046-55. 2009..The aim of the study was to compare the efficacy and safety of liraglutide in type 2 diabetes mellitus vs placebo and insulin glargine (A21Gly,B31Arg,B32Arg human insulin), all in combination with metformin and glimepiride...
- The safety and tolerability of GLP-1 receptor agonists in the treatment of type-2 diabetesD Russell-Jones
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Cedar Centre at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
Int J Clin Pract 64:1402-14. 2010..GLP-1 receptor agonists thus offer a new and potentially useful option for clinicians concerned about some of the common adverse effects of type-2 diabetes therapies...
- Insulin analogues: an example of applied medical scienceB Sheldon
Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Research CEDAR, Royal Surrey County Hospital, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:5-19. 2009..Clinical studies have shown a lower relative risk of hypoglycaemia and detemir appears to have a weight-sparing action. Insulin analogues represent a successful example of applied medical science...
- Effects of rosiglitazone and pioglitazone on lipoprotein metabolism in patients with Type 2 diabetes and normal lipidsA L Brackenridge
Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Research, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XX, UK
Diabet Med 26:532-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to perform a quantitative lipoprotein turnover study to determine the effects of PPAR-gamma agonists on lipoprotein metabolism...
- Emergency management of diabetes and hypoglycaemiaA Brackenridge
Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Emerg Med J 23:183-5. 2006..Hypoglycaemia is the commonest diabetic emergency and is associated with considerable morbidity and mortality. This study looked at the use of the emergency services by people with diabetes, with particular reference to hypoglycaemia...
- Insulin detemir offers improved glycemic control compared with NPH insulin in people with type 1 diabetes: a randomized clinical trialPhilip Home
Department of Diabetes and Metabolism, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabetes Care 27:1081-7. 2004..Accordingly, insulin detemir has been compared with NPH insulin with respect to glycemic control (HbA1c, prebreakfast glucose levels and variability, and hypoglycemia) and timing of administration...
- Contrasting insulin sensitivity of endogenous glucose production rate in subjects with hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta and -1alpha mutationsAnna Brackenridge
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
Diabetes 55:405-11. 2006..This is likely to reflect reduced action of HNF-1beta in the liver and possibly the kidney. This may be mediated through regulation by HNF-1beta of the key gluconeogenic enzymes glucose-6-phosphatase or PEPCK...