Mary E R O'Brien
Affiliation: Royal Marsden Hospital
- Time and chemotherapy treatment trends in the treatment of elderly patients (age>or=70 years) with non-small cell lung cancerM E R O'Brien
Lung Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 20:142-7. 2008..This retrospective study investigates the treatment outcome of elderly patients (age>or=70 years) with NSCLC over the past 13 years in a large UK cancer centre...
- A randomised trial in malignant mesothelioma (M) of early (E) versus delayed (D) chemotherapy in symptomatically stable patients: the MED trialM E R O'Brien
Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, UK
Ann Oncol 17:270-5. 2006..In this prospective randomised trial we assess the use of early versus delayed cytotoxic therapy. The study opened in 1998, and closed in view of a competing national study (MSO 1) in 2003...
- Phase III trial comparing supportive care alone with supportive care with oral topotecan in patients with relapsed small-cell lung cancerMary E R O'Brien
Royal Marsden Hospital, National Health System Trust, Sutton, Surrey, England
J Clin Oncol 24:5441-7. 2006..For patients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC), further chemotherapy is routinely considered at relapse after first-line therapy. However, proof of clinical benefit has not been documented...
- Mortality within 30 days of chemotherapy: a clinical governance benchmarking issue for oncology patientsM E R O'Brien
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Trust, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1632-6. 2006..Most deaths were due to disease progression in the palliative setting. We practice this form of audit each quarter and feed back to the treating teams so that deaths are discussed and practice monitored...
- Recent advances with topotecan in the treatment of lung cancerMary O'Brien
Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Oncologist 12:1194-204. 2007..v. docetaxel. In future studies, oral topotecan will represent a good candidate for combination therapy with other i.v. or oral chemotherapy agents, monoclonal antibodies, and small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Single-agent treatment with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin for metastatic breast cancerMary E R O'Brien
Royal Marsden Hospital, NHS Trust, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Anticancer Drugs 19:1-7. 2008..g. hypertension and mediastinal irradiation), in elderly patients, and in patients for whom specific acute doxorubicin toxicities, such as alopecia, are particularly worrying...
- Modest reductions in dose intensity and drug-induced neutropenia have no major impact on survival of patients with non-small cell lung cancer treated with platinum-doublet chemotherapyAndre T Brunetto
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, UK
J Thorac Oncol 5:1397-403. 2010..Previous studies investigating the effect of increased dose intensity and chemotherapy-induced neutropenia in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) have not consistently shown significant survival benefits...
- Phase II study of first-line bortezomib and cisplatin in malignant pleural mesothelioma and prospective validation of progression free survival rate as a primary end-point for mesothelioma clinical trials (European Organisation for Research and Treatment Mary E R O'Brien
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 49:2815-22. 2013..This was a prospective phase II study of cisplatin and bortezomib (CB) in the first line treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) with validation of progression free survival rate at 18 weeks (PFSR-18)(1) as primary end-point...
- Good vibrations and the power of positron thinking: positron emission tomography and endoscopic ultrasound in staging of mesothelioma-two case reportsCraig P Carden
Lung Unit, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 3:539-41. 2008
- Randomised phase II study of amrubicin as single agent or in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin etoposide as first-line treatment in patients with extensive stage small cell lung cancer - EORTC 08062Mary E R O'Brien
The Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 47:2322-30. 2011....
- Malignant mesothelioma--the UK experienceMary E R O'Brien
Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
Lung Cancer 45:S133-5. 2004..Novel agents are also being investigated and SRL172 has shown some benefits in combination with chemotherapy in the treatment of malignant mesothelioma...
- Topotecan for the treatment of small-cell lung cancerShibani J Nicum
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:795-801. 2007..Herein we review the role of topotecan in the treatment of small-cell lung cancer...
- Randomized phase III trial comparing single-agent paclitaxel Poliglumex (CT-2103, PPX) with single-agent gemcitabine or vinorelbine for the treatment of PS 2 patients with chemotherapy-naïve advanced non-small cell lung cancerMary E R O'Brien
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 3:728-34. 2008..Paclitaxel poliglumex (PPX), a macromolecular polymer-drug conjugate of paclitaxel and poly-l-glutamic acid, may enhance the therapeutic index of paclitaxel...
- Establishing an EGFR mutation screening service for non-small cell lung cancer - sample quality criteria and candidate histological predictorsAlexandra F Leary
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Cancer 48:61-7. 2012..We report our experience of routine screening, describing sample type, TAT, specimen quality (cellularity and DNA yield), histopathological description, mutation result and clinical outcome...
- Incidence, pattern and timing of brain metastases among patients with advanced breast cancer treated with trastuzumabThomas Yau
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
Acta Oncol 45:196-201. 2006..This study shows brain metastases are common phenomenon in HER2 positive advanced breast cancer patients receiving trastuzumab and also may implicate the brain as a sanctuary site for early relapse in this patient cohort...
- Supersensitive mutation: two case reports of non-small-cell lung cancer treated with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitorsJames S Myerson
The Royal Marsden National Health Service Foundation Trust Sutton, Surrey, UK
Clin Lung Cancer 11:E5-8. 2010..In addition, in the face of apparent resistance, small increases in doses overcame this. The possible factors involved in response and resistance to EGFR TKIs and issues around length of treatment are discussed...