Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Royal Liverpool University Hospital
- Killer immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR2DL2 and/or KIR2DS2) in presence of their ligand (HLA-C1 group) protect against chronic myeloid leukaemiaD Middleton
Transplant Immunology, Liverpool University Hospital and School of Infection and Immunity, Liverpool University, Liverpool, UK
Tissue Antigens 73:553-60. 2009..We proposed a model in CML of protection via KIR2DL2 and/or KIR2DS2 with the presence of the ligand HLA-C1 group and susceptibility via HLA-Bw4 homozygosity (i.e. absence of HLA-Bw6)...
- A bioinformatics approach to ascertaining the rarity of HLA allelesD Middleton
Transplant Immunology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital and School of Infection and Host Defence, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Tissue Antigens 74:480-5. 2009..A section was constructed in the website, www.allelefrequencies.net to contain this data from different sources. A mechanism to search the data was implemented for use by any individual...
- The extensive polymorphism of KIR genesDerek Middleton
Transplant Immunology Laboratory, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital and School of Infection and Host Defence, Liverpool University, Liverpool, UK
Immunology 129:8-19. 2010..In addition to genetic diversification the KIR gene complex shows differences at the functional level with different alleles having different protein expression levels and different avidity with their HLA ligand...
- Associations between genes for killer immunoglobulin-like receptors and their ligands in patients with solid tumorsSuliman Al Omar
Division of Immunology, School of Infection and Host Defence, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Hum Immunol 71:976-81. 2010....
- Increased numbers but functional defects of CD56+CD3+ cells in lung cancerSuliman Y Al Omar
Department of Clinical Infection, Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Infection and Global Health, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK
Int Immunol 24:409-15. 2012..Although the precise role of CD56+CD3+ cells is not clear, they appear to be functionally impaired in lung cancer, which may have implications for a reduction of direct or indirect anti-tumour responses...
- Allele frequency net: a database and online repository for immune gene frequencies in worldwide populationsFaviel F Gonzalez-Galarza
Institute of Infection and Global Health, University of Liverpool, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 39:D913-9. 2011..Demographic information, frequency data and searching tools can be freely accessed through the website...
- Increased killer immunoglobulin-like receptor expression and functional defects in natural killer cells in lung cancerSuliman Y Al Omar
Department of Clinical Infection, Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Global Health, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Immunology 133:94-104. 2011..Furthermore, the reduced ability to produce interferon-γ would restrict the ability of NK cells to stimulate T-cell responses in patients with lung cancer...
- A database for curating the associations between killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors and diseases in worldwide populationsLouise Y C Takeshita
Institute of Integrative Biology, Functional and Comparative Genomics, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 7ZB, UK
Database (Oxford) 2013:bat021. 2013..We anticipate that KDDB will be an important resource for researchers working in immunogenetics. Database URL: http://www.allelefrequencies.net/diseases/..