Christine A Lee
Affiliation: Royal Brompton Hospital
- The evidence behind inhibitor treatment with porcine factor VIIIChristine A Lee
The Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 32:5-8. 2002..Efforts to secure source plasma free of viral markers, particularly porcine parvovirus, have limited the supply of this therapeutic product...
- The natural history and antiviral treatment of hepatitis C in haemophiliaC Lee
The Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, The Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Haemophilia 8:322-9. 2002..Liver transplantation is indicated for patients with haemophilia who have decompensated hepatitis C infection...
- Inherited bleeding disorders in older womenRezan A Kadir
The Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Maturitas 72:35-41. 2012..Awareness of IBDs among health care providers, early diagnosis and appropriate management in a multidisciplinary approach is required to minimise the bleeding complications for women with IBDs...
- The obstetric experience of women with factor XI deficiencyClaudia Chi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:1095-100. 2009..The unpredictable nature of their bleeding tendency demands careful planning and close collaborations between obstetricians and hematologists...
- Transfusion-transmitted infection in hemophilia in developing countriesThynn Thynn Yee
Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, The Royal Free Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Semin Thromb Hemost 31:527-37. 2005..However, there are still several challenges in delivering antiretroviral treatment that must be addressed before the full impact of these transmitted infections is known...
- Markers of HIV-1 disease progression in individuals with haemophilia coinfected with hepatitis C virus: a longitudinal studyCaroline A Sabin
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free Centre for HIV Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Lancet 360:1546-51. 2002..We aimed to assess the relation between markers of liver function and progression to AIDS and death in individuals with haemophilia infected with HIV-1 and hepatitis C virus...
- von Willebrand factor: the new treatment paradigm--introductionChristine A Lee
Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 16:S1-2. 2005
- Molecular challenges and viral diseasesSimon A Brown
Katharine Dormandy Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Haemophilia 9:727-37. 2003
- Puerperal loss (lochia) in women with or without inherited bleeding disordersClaudia Chi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Katharine Dormandy Haemophilia Centre and Thrombosis Unit, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London, UK
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:56.e1-5. 2010..To assess the quantity and duration of lochia in women with or without inherited bleeding disorders and to identify factors that influence lochial loss...
- von Willebrand disease in women with menorrhagia: a systematic reviewMeena Shankar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
BJOG 111:734-40. 2004..To determine the prevalence of von Willebrand disease in women presenting with menorrhagia...
- NKT cell subsets in infection and inflammationWoon Ling Chan
Department of Biochemical Pharmacology, Queen Mary s School of Medicine, University of London, London, UK
Immunol Lett 85:159-63. 2003..Our data therefore demonstrate that ST2L and IL-18R could serve as important determinants of the immune status of human diseases...
- Single-dose pharmacokinetics of porcine factor VIII (Hyate C)Cedric Hermans
Thromb Haemost 87:352-3. 2002
- Periarticular aneurysm following total knee replacement in hemophilic arthropathy. A case reportHaroon A Mann
Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine Royal Free Campus, Pond Street, Hampstead, London NW3 2QG, United Kingdom
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:2437-40. 2003
- The prognostic value of a single hepatitis C virus RNA load measurement taken early after human immunodeficiency virus seroconversionEsteban Herrero-Martinez
Department of Virology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 186:470-6. 2002..25; P=.01). Adjusting for HIV RNA levels, CD4 cell counts, and the age effect, HCV RNA load >5.90 log(10) copies/mL was predictive of progression to AIDS and all-cause mortality over a period of at least 15 years...
- Haemostasis: from bench to bedsideSimon A Brown
Haemophilia 8:685-93. 2002
- Mortality rates, life expectancy, and causes of death in people with hemophilia A or B in the United Kingdom who were not infected with HIVSarah C Darby
Clinical Trial Service Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Blood 110:815-25. 2007..There was no evidence of any death from variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease or from conditions that could be confused with it...
- Inhibitor development in hemophiliacs: the roles of genetic versus environmental factorsChristine A Lee
Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, Royal Free and University College Medical School, UCL, London, United Kingdom
Semin Thromb Hemost 32:10-4. 2006..There is much interest in identifying such genetic and treatment-related factors to help minimize the risk of inhibitor development and improve treatment outcomes...
- Cost-utility analysis of primary prophylaxis versus treatment on-demand for individuals with severe haemophiliaAlexander H Miners
Health Economics Research Group, Brunel University, Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Pharmacoeconomics 20:759-74. 2002..To assess the cost effectiveness of primary prophylaxis with clotting factor instead of treatment following a bleed (on-demand) for individuals with severe haemophilia...
- Twenty five years of HIV infection in haemophilic men in Britain: an observational studyCaroline A Sabin
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and UC Medical School, London NW3 2PF
BMJ 331:997-8. 2005
- Long-term patterns of hepatitis C virus RNA concentrations in a cohort of HIV seronegative men with bleeding disordersCaroline A Sabin
Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit and Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 68:68-75. 2002....
- The incidence of lymphoma in the UK haemophilia population between 1978 and 1999Jonathan T Wilde
Department of Haematology, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
AIDS 16:1803-7. 2002..To determine the incidence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) and Hodgkin's disease (HD) in the UK haemophilia population during the 22 year period 1978-1999...
- The impact of HIV on mortality rates in the complete UK haemophilia populationSarah C Darby
AIDS 18:525-33. 2004..To estimate the effect of HIV-1 infection on subsequent mortality in a complete population...
- Prevalence, causes, and characterization of factor XI inhibitors in patients with inherited factor XI deficiencyOphira Salomon
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Research Institute, Tissue Typing Laboratory, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Blood 101:4783-8. 2003..The results imply that patients with a very low factor XI level are susceptible to development of an inhibitor following plasma replacement...
- The effect of highly active antiretroviral therapy for HIV on the anti-HCV specific humoral immune responseEsteban Herrero-Martinez
Department of Virology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 72:187-93. 2004..The relationship disappeared or was obscured after therapy (R = 0.24, P = 0.30 and R = 0.16, P = 0.50, respectively). Thus, we show that HAART affects the HCV specific humoral immune responses without affecting the HCV RNA level...