Darren R Hargrave
Affiliation: Royal Marsden Hospital
- Quality of health information on the Internet in pediatric neuro-oncologyDarren R Hargrave
Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
Neuro Oncol 8:175-82. 2006..Health care professionals should be actively involved in developing high-quality information for use in the next generation of Web sites...
- Paediatric high and low grade glioma: the impact of tumour biology on current and future therapyDarren Hargrave
Paediatric Oncology Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, UK
Br J Neurosurg 23:351-63. 2009..A new era of molecular based therapies offers the promise of major benefits in the management of paediatric glioma but translating this promise into reality will require further understanding of the biology driving these tumours...
- Pathological laughter and behavioural change in childhood pontine gliomaDarren R Hargrave
Paediatric Oncology Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, SM2 5PT, Sutton, Surrey, UK
J Neurooncol 77:267-71. 2006....
- Does chemotherapy have a role in the management of craniopharyngioma?Darren R Hargrave
Paediatric Oncology Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:407-12. 2006..This review reports the published experience of this type of local chemotherapy, including delivery, scheduling, outcomes and toxicity. In addition, the rarely reported use of systemic chemotherapy is discussed...
- Pediatric CNS tumors: current treatment and future directionsDarren R Hargrave
Drug Development, Pediatric Oncology Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Expert Rev Neurother 7:1029-42. 2007....
- Conventional MRI cannot predict survival in childhood diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomaDarren Hargrave
Paediatric Oncology Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, London, SM2 5PT, UK
J Neurooncol 86:313-9. 2008....
- What are the experiences of the child with a brain tumour and their parents?Louise Soanes
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Children s Adolescent Unit, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, United Kingdom
Eur J Oncol Nurs 13:255-61. 2009..Insights into what children and their parents value from the services offered and areas that they as users find challenging were identified from this study and the findings have implications for future practice and service provision...
- Pattern of recurrence in paediatric malignant glioma: an institutional experienceSucheta J Vaidya
Paediatric Unit, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5PT, UK
J Neurooncol 83:279-84. 2007..The purpose of this retrospective study was to investigate the pattern of recurrence in paediatric malignant gliomas...
- Diffuse brainstem glioma in children: critical review of clinical trialsDarren Hargrave
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Lancet Oncol 7:241-8. 2006..However, consistency between protocols (eg, eligibility criteria and outcome measures) is important to measure the progress in management of diffuse pontine gliomas...
- Diagnostic and therapeutic challenges owing to concurrent pontine glioma and acute lymphoblastic leukemiaParameswaran Anoop
Department of Pediatric Hemato Oncology, Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton SM2 5PT, Surrey, UK
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:454-7. 2008..The concurrent presence of a low-grade brain stem glioma and acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a genetically normal girl is presented. The problems encountered with diagnosis and treatment are discussed here...
- A distinct spectrum of copy number aberrations in pediatric high-grade gliomasDorine A Bax
Section of Paediatric Oncology, The Institute of Cancer Research, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 16:3368-77. 2010..Toward this end, we sought to validate and extend investigations of the differences between pediatric and adult tumors...
- Childhood brain tumour information on the Internet in the Chinese languageLoretta Lau
Paediatric Brain Tumour Programme, Division of Haematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8, Canada
Childs Nerv Syst 22:346-51. 2006....
- Phase I study of fotemustine in pediatric patients with refractory brain tumorsDarren R Hargrave
New Agents and Innovative Therapy Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 95:1294-301. 2002..Fotemustine is a nitrosourea with theoretic and preclinical advantages over the original analogs, carmustine and lomustine, in the treatment of brain tumors. This is the first pediatric Phase I study of fotemustine...