Gerald P H Gui
Affiliation: Royal Marsden Hospital
- Long-term quality-of-life assessment following one-stage immediate breast reconstruction using biodimensional expander implants: the patient's perspectiveGerald P H Gui
Academic Surgery Breast Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Plast Reconstr Surg 121:17-24. 2008..The authors prospectively report patient perception of outcome using a permanent anatomical expander implant following a planned one-stage procedure...
- Proteins and carbohydrates in nipple aspirate fluid predict the presence of atypia and cancer in women requiring diagnostic breast biopsyWenyi Qin
Department of Surgery, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 501 N Columbia Rd, Grand Forks, ND 58202, USA
BMC Cancer 12:52. 2012..The second study assessed if these proteins increased the predictive ability of a carbohydrate (Thomsen Friedenreich, TF) which we previously demonstrated predicted the presence of disease in postmenopausal women requiring surgery...
- Gene promoter hypermethylation in ductal lavage fluid from healthy BRCA gene mutation carriers and mutation-negative controlsImogen Locke
Translational Cancer Genetics Team, Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Breast Cancer Res 9:R20. 2007....
- Carbohydrate antigens in nipple aspirate fluid predict the presence of atypia and cancer in women requiring diagnostic breast biopsySusan L Deutscher
University of Missouri, Department of Biochemistry, One Hospital Drive, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
BMC Cancer 10:519. 2010....
- Clinical outcome and service implications of screening women at increased breast cancer risk from a family historyG P H Gui
Department of Academic Surgery and the Breast Diagnostic Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:719-24. 2006..Little is known about recall rates, false negative outcomes and the impact on clinical service. Despite this, surveillance programmes within breast units have been established in the United Kingdom...
- Evaluation of outcome after immediate breast reconstruction: prospective comparison of four methodsGerald P H Gui
Academic Surgery, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1916-26. 2005..The aim of this study was to comprehensively compare four distinct methods of outcome evaluation following immediate breast reconstruction...
- Immediate breast reconstruction using biodimensional anatomical permanent expander implants: a prospective analysis of outcome and patient satisfactionGerald P H Gui
Academic Surgery Breast Unit, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Plast Reconstr Surg 111:125-38; discussion 139-40. 2003..Optimum breast form can be achieved during a single operation with a low incidence of complications...
- The feasibility of nipple aspiration and duct lavage to evaluate the breast duct epithelium of women with increased breast cancer riskDominique Twelves
Academic Surgery Breast Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur J Cancer 49:65-71. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the feasibility of obtaining serial NA and DL samples at consecutive patient visits for cytology assessment and the creation of a biobank...
- The anatomy of fluid-yielding ducts in breast cancerDominique Twelves
Academic Surgery Breast Unit, London, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:555-64. 2012..The intraductal approach is a valid concept for biomarker assessment of cancer-containing breast segments...
- Mammary ductoscopy in the current management of breast diseaseSarah S K Tang
Academic Breast Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JJ, UK
Surg Endosc 25:1712-22. 2011..As MD technology is rapidly advancing, a comprehensive review of current practice will be a valuable guide for clinicians involved in the management of breast disease...
- A review of the oncologic and surgical management of breast cancer in the augmented breast: diagnostic, surgical and surveillance challengesSarah S K Tang
Academic Surgery Breast Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Fulham Road, London, UK
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2173-81. 2011..With a lifetime risk of developing breast cancer of 1 in 8, it is projected that more than 50,000 women who undergo augmentation each year in the United States will develop breast cancer at some point in their lives...
- Biomarkers in the diagnosis of primary and recurrent breast cancerSarah S K Tang
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JJ, UK
Biomark Med 6:567-85. 2012..This review summarizes the current state of breast cancer biomarker research and anticipated future directions...
- The intraductal approach to breast cancer biomarker discoveryR Sascha Dua
Department of Academic Surgery Breast Unit, Royal Marsden National Health Service Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 24:1209-16. 2006....
- Multi-ethnic differences in breast cancer: current concepts and future directionsNaomal M A Perera
Academic Surgery Breast Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 106:463-7. 2003
- Clinical presentation and long-term outcome of pure myoepithelial carcinoma of the breastK A Behranwala
Department of Pathology, Information Technology and Statistics, Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:357-61. 2004..Pure myoepithelial carcinoma of the breast is a rare tumour of controversial histogenesis. Little is known about its natural history and long-term outcome following treatment...
- Continued axillary sampling is unnecessary and provides no further information to sentinel node biopsy in staging breast cancerG P H Gui
Academic Surgery and Breast Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, 203, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:707-14. 2005..We hypothesised that the practice of undirected sampling to supplement SLNB adds little information to the status of the residual axilla...
- A comparative proteinomic analysis of nipple aspiration fluid from healthy women and women with breast cancerJ L Noble
Department of Academic Surgery Breast Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Eur J Cancer 43:2315-20. 2007..05). These data suggest that invasive breast cancer may result in a field change across both breasts and that proteomic profiling of NAF may have more value in breast cancer risk assessment than as a diagnostic or screening tool...
- The influence of radiotherapy on capsule formation and aesthetic outcome after immediate breast reconstruction using biodimensional anatomical expander implantsK A Behranwala
Department of Academic Surgery Breast Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 59:1043-51. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of RT on surgical outcome after IBR using a single implant type...
- Nipple-sparing mastectomyJ E Rusby
Academic Surgery, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Br J Surg 97:305-16. 2010..Nipple-sparing mastectomy aims to address this, but there is no consensus on its clinical application. Evidence relating to oncological safety, surgical technique and early data on aesthetic outcome was reviewed...
- Loss of heterozygosity at the BRCA1 and BRCA2 loci detected in ductal lavage fluid from BRCA gene mutation carriers and controlsImogen Locke
The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1399-402. 2006..Further studies are required to evaluate the specificity and predictive value of LOH in ductal lavage fluid for breast cancer development...
- Proteomic analysis of nipple aspirate fluid throughout the menstrual cycle in healthy pre-menopausal womenJillian Noble
Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 104:191-6. 2007....
- The Koebner phenomenon in a myocutaneous flap following immediate breast reconstructionKasim A Behranwala
Br J Plast Surg 55:267-8. 2002