Affiliation: Royal College of Nursing
- Sundowning in older people with dementia: evidence base, nursing assessment and interventionsJan Dewing
Nurs Older People 15:24-31; quiz 32. 2003..This article addresses some of the causes of sundowning and suggests ways in which nurses may contribute to better management of the condition...
- Concerns relating to the application of frameworks to promote person-centredness in nursing with older peopleJan Dewing
Milton Keynes PCT and General NHS Trust, Associate Fellow Practice Development Royal College of Nursing, London, UK
J Clin Nurs 13:39-44. 2004..It is also pointed out that the underpinning concept of 'personhood' has not yet been fully clarified by nursing...
- Admiral nursing competency project: practice development and action researchJan Dewing
Practice Development, RCN Institute, Cavendish Square, London, UK
J Clin Nurs 14:695-703. 2005..Secondly, to provide a way to structure evidence demonstrating evolving competency. Thirdly, to specifically enable the nurses to demonstrate evidence of achieving the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council's Higher Level Practice standard...
- Rehabilitation for older people with dementiaJan Dewing
Milton Keynes General NHS Trust and Primary Care Trust, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Nurs Stand 18:42-8; quiz 50-1. 2003..However, people with dementia are not always allowed to realise their full potential. The author suggests that person-centred rehabilitation with this patient group can enhance their abilities and help them to acquire new ones...
- Implications for nursing managers from a systematic review of practice developmentJan Dewing
Independant Nurse Consultant, Self employed, East Sussex, UK
J Nurs Manag 16:134-40. 2008..Finally, 10 points or key messages from the review, relevant for Nursing Managers, are offered. This paper is relevant not only to managers in older people's services but to all services...
- Admiral nurses competency projectVicki Traynor
Gerontological Nursing Programme, RCN Institute
Nurs Older People 14:31. 2002
- A model for clinical practice within the consultant nurse roleJan Dewing
Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Health Care NHS Trust
Nurs Times 99:30-2. 2003..However, it is clear that consultant nurses should not work in isolation to provide care or services and must work alongside others to both inform their role and enable others to apply research evidence to nursing care...
- Introducing a physical activity group on an intermediate care wardJulie Uglow
Milton Keynes Primary Care Trust and General NHS Trust
Nurs Older People 16:19-22. 2004
- Double skills, double knowledgeJan Dewing
Nurs Stand 19:58. 2005
- Screening for wandering among older persons with dementiaJan Dewing
Royal College of Nursing Institute
Nurs Older People 17:20-2, 24. 2005..Proactive care planning and delivery should reduce the need for excessive crisis interventions when the person with dementia has progressed to a level of risk unacceptable to nurses...
- Older people with confusion: capacity to consent and the administration of medicinesJan Dewing
Nurs Older People 14:23-8; quiz 29. 2002..It suggests there is much that can be done to improve the way in which nursing practice assesses and promotes therapeutic alliances between older people and medicines...