J L Botha
Affiliation: Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- Breast cancer incidence and mortality trends in 16 European countriesJ L Botha
Trent Cancer Registry, Weston Park Hospital, Whitham Road, Sheffield S10 2SJ, UK
Eur J Cancer 39:1718-29. 2003....
- Breast and cervical cancer survival: making sense of "league tables"J L Botha
Trent Cancer Registry, Weston Park Hospital, Whitham Road, Sheffield, S10 2SJ, UK
Public Health 115:165-72. 2001..At the Registry we propose to perform these trend analyses routinely in future, adjusting, when possible, for the effects of deprivation and stage at diagnosis...
- Comparative incidence of Type I diabetes in children aged under 15 years from South Asian and White or Other ethnic backgrounds in Leicestershire, UK, 1989 to 1998N T Raymond
School of Post Graduate Medical Education, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Diabetologia 44:B32-6. 2001....
- Latest trends in cancer incidence among UK South Asians in LeicesterL K Smith
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Leicester, 22 28 Princess Road West, Leicester LE1 6TP, UK
Br J Cancer 89:70-3. 2003..Younger South Asians, particularly children, are at increased risk. While generally cancer rates have fallen over the last decade, they are increasing among South Asians...
- Cancer incidence and mortality in patients with insulin-treated diabetes: a UK cohort studyA J Swerdlow
Section of Epidemiology, Brookes Lawley Building, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Br J Cancer 92:2070-5. 2005..Risks of cancer at other major sites were not substantially raised for type I patients. The excesses of obesity- and alcohol-related cancers in type II diabetes may be due to confounding rather than diabetes per se...
- Influence of morphology on survival for non-Hodgkin lymphoma in Europe and the United StatesMilena Sant
Department of Preventive and Predictive Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via Venezian 1, I 20133, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cancer 44:579-87. 2008..Interpretation of marked variation in survival with morphology is complicated by classification inconsistencies. The completeness and standardisation of cancer registry morphology data needs to be improved...