K A Abbott
Affiliation: Royal Veterinary College
- Current approaches to the management of ovine footrotK A Abbott
The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, North Mymms, Hatfield AL9 7TA, UK
Vet J 169:28-41. 2005..This article reviews these strategies and makes recommendations for steps to reduce the spread of footrot between flocks and to reduce the incidence of footrot within UK flocks...
- Monte Carlo simulation of flock-level sensitivity of abattoir surveillance for ovine paratuberculosisK A Abbott
Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, AL9 7TA Herts, UK
Prev Vet Med 61:309-32. 2003..But-with relatively minor modifications of the protocol currently in use-it could become a key component of a surveillance programme which included additional testing strategies for small flocks...
- Eradication of footrot of lesser clinical severity (intermediate footrot)K A Abbott
Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield AL9 7TA, United Kingdom
Aust Vet J 81:688-93. 2003..The use of parenteral antibiotics as an aid to the eradication of IFR is contraindicated...
- Effect of climatic region on the clinical expression of footrot of lesser clinical severity (intermediate footrot) in sheepK A Abbott
Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, AL9 7TA, United Kingdom
Aust Vet J 81:756-62. 2003....
- Eradication of virulent footrot from sheep and goats in an endemic area of Nepal and an evaluation of specific vaccinationJ R Egerton
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Vet Rec 151:290-5. 2002..After the first season the virulent strains of D nodosus used in the specific vaccine could no longer be isolated, although antigenically distinct, benign strains of the organism persisted in cases of benign footrot...
- Intrauterine and transmammary transmission of Mycobacterium avium subsp paratuberculosis in sheepC Lambeth
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Private Bag 3, Camden, New South Wales 2570
Aust Vet J 82:504-8. 2004..Therefore these modes of transmission are unlikely to compromise existing control programs for ovine Johne's disease on most farms, especially if programs include the immediate culling of clinically affected sheep...
- Anthelmintic resistance management in sheepK A Abbott
Vet Rec 154:735-6. 2004
- The respiratory tract as a hypothetical route of infection of cattle with Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosisL A L Corner
Department of Large Animal Clinical Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Aust Vet J 82:170-3. 2004
- Unanswered questions about the transmission of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosisL A L Corner
Vet J 165:182-3. 2003
- Effect of different methods of selection on the background, attitudes and career plans of first year veterinary studentsT J Heath
Surveyingtheprofessions, 11 Sixth Avenue, St. Lucia, Queensland
Aust Vet J 84:217-22. 2006..Further studies over the longer term will be necessary to assess the extent to which these plans are realized...