Alan A Sneddon
Affiliation: Rowett Research Institute
- Cytokine-induced monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells involves platelet-activating factor: suppression by conjugated linoleic acidAlan A Sneddon
Lipid and Redox Regulation Group, Vascular Health Programme, Rowett Research Institute, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1761:793-801. 2006....
- Effect of a conjugated linoleic acid and omega-3 fatty acid mixture on body composition and adiponectinAlan A Sneddon
Vascular Health Division, Rowett Research Institute, Aberdeen, UK
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1019-24. 2008....
- Conjugated linoleic acid inhibits proliferation and modulates protein kinase C isoforms in human prostate cancer cellsHyun-Ju Song
The Rowett Research Institute, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Nutr Cancer 49:100-8. 2004..Increased PKC-delta and decreased PKC-iota membrane abundance was consistent with CLAs eliciting increased apoptosis and, in part, with their antitumor effects...
- Dietary supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid plus n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid increases food intake and brown adipose tissue in ratsAlan A Sneddon
Vascular Health Programme, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 9SB, UK
Nutrients 1:178-96. 2009..Thus, CLA/n-3 increases food intake without affecting body weight potentially through increasing BAT size and up-regulating UCP-1 in rats...
- Regulation of selenoprotein GPx4 expression and activity in human endothelial cells by fatty acids, cytokines and antioxidantsAlan A Sneddon
Lipid and Redox Regulation Group, Rowett Research Institute, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, UK
Atherosclerosis 171:57-65. 2003..These results indicate that lipids, cytokines and antioxidants modulate GPx4 in a complex manner that in the presence of adequate selenium, may favour protection against potentially proatherogenic processes...
- Clenbuterol increases muscle fiber size and GATA-2 protein in rat skeletal muscle in uteroDiane Downie
Rowett Research Institute, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Mol Reprod Dev 75:785-94. 2008....
- Induction of apoptosis and inhibition of NF-kappaB activation in human prostate cancer cells by the cis-9, trans-11 but not the trans-10, cis-12 isomer of conjugated linoleic acidHyun-Ju Song
The Robert Gordon University, School of Life Sciences, St. Andrews Street, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Prostate 66:839-46. 2006..05), and phosphorylation of IkappaBalpha (by 36%, P < 0.01). CONCLUSIONS: Our results may offer a mechanistic explanation for the reported inhibition of prostate tumor growth by CLAs in animal models of disease...