Diane M Jackson
Affiliation: Rowett Research Institute
- Objectively measured physical activity in a representative sample of 3- to 4-year-old childrenDiane M Jackson
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Glasgow, Yorkhill Hospitals, Glasgow, Scotland
Obes Res 11:420-5. 2003..This study aimed to describe levels of physical activity in a representative sample of preschool children and to quantify tracking of activity over 1 year...
- Validation of Actigraph accelerometer estimates of total energy expenditure in young childrenJohn J Reilly
University of Glasgow, Division of Developmental Medicine, Yorkhill Hospitals, Glasgow, Scotland
Int J Pediatr Obes 1:161-7. 2006..To assess the validity of two equations based on the Actigraph CSA/MTI accelerometer for prediction of total energy expenditure (TEE)...
- Relation between physical activity and energy expenditure in a representative sample of young childrenColette Montgomery
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Yorkhill Hospital, Glasgow G3 8SJ, Scotland, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 80:591-6. 2004..Strategies for the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity require a better understanding of the relation between the pattern of free-living physical activity and total energy expenditure (TEE)...
- Parental feeding style, energy intake and weight status in young Scottish childrenColette Montgomery
University of Glasgow Division of Developmental Medicine, Yorkhill Hospital, Glasgow G3 8SJ, Scotland, UK
Br J Nutr 96:1149-53. 2006..In this sample and setting, measures of parental control over child feeding were generally not associated with child energy intake or weight status...
- Tracking physical activity and sedentary behavior in young childrenLouise A Kelly
Dept of Preventive Medicine, The University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Pediatr Exerc Sci 19:51-60. 2007..Kappa statistics for PA, MVPA, and sedentary behavior ranged from poor to fair. Results suggest low levels of tracking of total physical activity, MVPA, and sedentary behavior in young Scottish children over a 2-year period...
- Assortative mating for obesityJohn R Speakman
Aberdeen Centre for Energy Regulation and Obesity, Division of Obesity and Metabolic Health, Rowett Research Institute, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 86:316-23. 2007..However, those studies all used body mass index or skinfold thicknesses to measure obesity and did not always account for potential confounding factors...
- Fetal programming of body dimensions and percentage body fat measured in prepubertal children with a 4-component model of body composition, dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, deuterium dilution, densitometry, and skinfold thicknessesMarinos Elia
Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 86:618-24. 2007..The effects on and consequences of body build (dimensions, mass, and length of body segments) are unclear...