C A Sharp
Affiliation: Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital
- Increased matrix concentrations of IGFBP-5 in cancellous bone in osteoarthritisC A Sharp
Chalres Salt Centre, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust, Oswestry, Shropshire, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1162-5. 2004..In osteoarthritis cancellous bone adapts to meet altered mechanical loading. These changes may be mediated by insulin-like growth factors (IGF-I and IGF-II), but the matrix bound binding protein, IGFBP-5 has not been investigated...
- Analysis of human bone alkaline phosphatase isoforms: comparison of isoelectric focusing and ion-exchange high-performance liquid chromatographyChristopher A Sharp
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Linkoping University Hospital, SE 581 85, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 379:105-12. 2007..Several isoforms of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) can be identified in human tissues and serum after separation by anion-exchange HPLC and isoelectric focusing (IEF)...
- Disc cell clusters in pathological human intervertebral discs are associated with increased stress protein immunostainingChristopher A Sharp
Charles Salt Centre for Human Metabolism, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital NHS Trust, Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 7AG, UK
Eur Spine J 18:1587-94. 2009..A better understanding of the stress response in IVD cells may allow its utilization in disc cell therapies...
- Effect of chronic renal failure on bone turnover and bone alkaline phosphatase isoformsP Magnusson
Bone and Mineral Metabolic Unit, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Kidney Int 60:257-65. 2001..We have applied a comprehensive panel of markers to patients with chronic renal failure (CRF), with particular focus on the isoforms of bone alkaline phosphatase (BALP)...
- Regional differences in mechanical and material properties of femoral head cancellous bone in health and osteoarthritisS J Brown
Charles Salt Centre, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic, District Hospital NHS Trust, Oswestry, Shropshire, UK
Calcif Tissue Int 71:227-34. 2002..In conclusion, femoral head cancellous bone mass in end-stage osteoarthritis is increased but undermineralized, and is neither stiffer nor stronger than normal cancellous bone...
- A bio-assay for effectors of osteoclast differentiation in serum from patients with bone diseaseMarit Naomi Dugard
Charles Salt Centre, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10 7AG, United Kingdom
Clin Chim Acta 356:154-63. 2005..Our aim was to develop a functional assay for any factors present in human serum that can affect osteoclast differentiation and to assess whether any such factors vary in diseases in which bone loss occurs...
- Health-related quality of life in patients with osteoporosis in the absence of vertebral fracture: a systematic reviewS Wilson
Bone Health Service, Charles Salt Laboratories, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10 7AG, UK
Osteoporos Int 23:2749-68. 2012..Future studies are needed to investigate HRQoL in patients with osteoporosis in the absence of fracture, controlling for co-morbidities and social and economic status...
- Different distributions of human bone alkaline phosphatase isoforms in serum and bone tissue extractsPer Magnusson
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Bone and Mineral Metabolic Unit, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Linkoping University Hospital, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 325:59-70. 2002..Previous studies have shown that the relative abundance of these BALP isoforms in serum may be clinically useful for the diagnosis and management of metabolic bone disease...
- Differently cross-linked and uncross-linked carboxy-terminal telopeptides of type I collagen in human mineralised boneHeidi A Eriksen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
Bone 34:720-7. 2004..It also provides additional information regarding the extent and maturity of tissue type I collagen cross-linking in health and disease...