B J Rembacken
- Flat and depressed colonic neoplasms: a prospective study of 1000 colonoscopies in the UKB J Rembacken
Centre for Digestive Diseases, The General Infirmary, Leeds
Lancet 355:1211-4. 2000..Flat and depressed colorectal tumours were originally thought to be unique to the Japanese population. Recently there have been reports of flat and depressed lesions in western countries but they have been thought to be uncommon...
- Endoscopic mucosal resectionB J Rembacken
Centre for Digestive Diseases, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, United Kingdom
Endoscopy 33:709-18. 2001..The risk of developing metastatic disease can then be balanced against the risks of surgery in view of the patient's age and health...
- Endoscopic therapy of lower gastrointestinal cancerB J Rembacken
Centre for Digestive Diseases, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Great George Street, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 19:979-92. 2005..This chapter discusses the main issues surrounding the endoscopic therapy of lower gastrointestinal cancers...
- Images of early rectal cancerB J Rembacken
Dept. of Gastroenterology, Centre for Digestive Diseases, General Infirmary at Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Endoscopy 36:223-33. 2004
- Non-pathogenic Escherichia coli versus mesalazine for the treatment of ulcerative colitis: a randomised trialB J Rembacken
Centre for Digestive Diseases, The General Infirmary at Leeds, UK
Lancet 354:635-9. 1999..coli (Nissle 1917) was as effective as mesalazine in preventing relapse of ulcerative colitis. We also examined whether the addition of E. coli to standard medical therapy increased the chance of remission of active ulcerative colitis...
- Characterization of colonic polyps at conventional (nonmagnifying) colonoscopy after spraying with 0.2 % indigo carmine dyeS Sonwalkar
Centre for Digestive Diseases, Department of Gastroenterology, General Infirmary at Leeds, Leeds, UK
Endoscopy 38:1218-23. 2006..Magnification is not always necessary to distinguish neoplastic from nonneoplastic colonic lesions. This finding could result in resource savings in colonoscopic screening...
- Acute toxic gastric mucosal damage induced by Lugol's iodine spray during chromoendoscopyA Sreedharan
Gut 54:886-7. 2005
- Images of early gastric cancerR Murai
Dept. of Surgery, Tokyu Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 35:598-605. 2003
- BRAF mutations and phosphorylation status of mitogen-activated protein kinases in the development of flat and depressed-type colorectal neoplasiasK Konishi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Br J Cancer 94:311-7. 2006..Abnormal accumulation of p-MAPK protein is more likely to be implicated in the tumorigenesis of FDNs than of PNs. However, this abnormality in FDNs might occur via the genetic alteration other than BRAF or KRAS mutation...
- Pathological features and genetic alterations in colorectal carcinomas with characteristics of nonpolypoid growthK Kaneko
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 91:312-8. 2004..Assuming that some nonpolypoid growth lesions transform rapidly into advanced carcinomas, 20% of all colorectal carcinomas may progress in this manner...