Phillip J Read
- Unprotected fellatio between female sex workers and their clients in Sydney, AustraliaPhillip J Read
Sydney Sexual Health Centre, GPO Box 1614, Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 88:581-4. 2012..To assess the frequency and predictors of inconsistent condom use for fellatio at work by female sex workers (FSW) in Sydney and the prevalence of pharyngeal gonorrhoea and other sexually transmitted infections in these women...
- Disseminated gonococcal infection in a homosexual man diagnosed by nucleic acid amplification testing from a skin lesion swabP Read
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE17EH, UK
Sex Transm Infect 84:348-9. 2008..The use of adjuvant NAAT assessment is recommended as part of the diagnostic work-up for suspected DGI cases...
- New mutations associated with resistance not detected following zidovudine monotherapy in pregnancy when used in accordance with British HIV Association guidelinesP Read
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
HIV Med 9:448-51. 2008..To determine whether mutations conferring drug resistance are detectable after zidovudine monotherapy (ZDVm) in pregnancy, using both standard genotyping and more sensitive cloning assays...
- Infectious syphilis unmasking drug resistance in an individual with long-term virological suppression on antiretroviral therapyPhillip J Read
Department of Genitourinary Medicine and HIV, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
Sex Transm Infect 86:276-7. 2010..This highlights how the acquisition of a sexually transmitted infection can have important ramifications for HIV suppression and potential HIV transmission to sexual partners...
- Missed opportunities for HIV testing--a costly oversightP Read
Sydney Sexual Health Centre, Sydney Hospital, GPO Box 1614, NSW 2001, Australia
QJM 104:421-4. 2011..We investigated HIV testing patterns in an inner London area with high local HIV prevalence, to identify missed opportunities for HIV testing and its consequences...
- When should HAART be initiated in pregnancy to achieve an undetectable HIV viral load by delivery?Phillip J Read
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
AIDS 26:1095-103. 2012..HAART dramatically reduces mother-to-child transmission of HIV allowing vaginal delivery if the viral load is low. This study provides data for the optimum timing of short-term HAART in pregnancy...