- Cognitive behaviour therapy for psychosis can be adapted for minority ethnic groups: a randomised controlled trialShanaya Rathod
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Schizophr Res 143:319-26. 2013..A recent qualitative study in ethnic minority groups concluded that CBT would be acceptable and may be more effective if it was culturally adapted to meet their needs (Rathod et al., 2010)...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for medication-resistant schizophrenia: a reviewShanaya Rathod
Mid Hampshire and Eastleigh TVS Locality, Winchester, UK
J Psychiatr Pract 14:22-33. 2008..Studies of the use of CBT in the prodromal phase of psychosis and in combination with family therapy are currently underway...
- Developing culturally sensitive cognitive behaviour therapy for psychosis for ethnic minority patients by exploration and incorporation of service users' and health professionals' views and opinionsShanaya Rathod
Hampshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Winchester, UK
Behav Cogn Psychother 38:511-33. 2010..Studies of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) for schizophrenia demonstrate that African-Caribbean and Black African patients have higher dropout rates and poor outcomes from treatment...
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for schizophreniaShanaya Rathod
Hampshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Melbury Lodge, Winchester, Hampshire SO22 5DG, UK
Psychiatr Clin North Am 33:527-36. 2010..This article gives an overview of the current status of CBT for schizophrenia...
- Insight into schizophrenia: the effects of cognitive behavioural therapy on the components of insight and association with sociodemographics--data on a previously published randomised controlled trialShanaya Rathod
Hampshire Partnership NHS Trust, Mulfords Hill Centre, 37 39 Mulfords Hill, Tadley, Hants, UK, RG26 3HX
Schizophr Res 74:211-9. 2005..The results confirm previous findings of difficulties in engaging patients of Afro-Caribbean origin and their poor response to psychological therapies as currently delivered...
- Outcomes of an effectiveness trial of cognitive-behavioural intervention by mental health nurses in schizophreniaDouglas Turkington
School of Neurology, Neurosciences and Psychiatry, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Richardson Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP
Br J Psychiatry 189:36-40. 2006..Little is known about the medium-term durability of cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) in a community sample of people with schizophrenia...
- Schizophrenia can and should be renamedDavid G Kingdon
BMJ 334:221-2. 2007
- Acceptable terminology and subgroups in schizophrenia: an exploratory studyDavid Kingdon
University of Southampton, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, SO14 0YG, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:239-43. 2008..Such terms and subgroups may be more acceptable to patients but further work is needed on establishing their reliability and validity...
- Cognitive therapy for schizophreniaDavid Kingdon
University of Southampton, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, UK
J Psychiatr Pract 14:55-7. 2008