Felix S F Ram
- Non-invasive positive pressure ventilation to treat respiratory failure resulting from exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysisJosephine V Lightowler
Department of Respiratory Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF
BMJ 326:185. 2003..To determine the effectiveness of non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (NPPV) in the management of respiratory failure secondary to acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- Giving Asthma Support to Patients (GASP): a novel online asthma education, monitoring, assessment and management toolFelix S Ram
School of Nursing, College of Health, Massey University, PB 102 904, North Shore Mail Centre, Auckland 0745, New Zealand
J Prim Health Care 6:238-44. 2014....
- Hospital at home for patients with acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: systematic review of evidenceFelix S F Ram
National Collaborating Centre for Women and Children s Health, London NW1 4RG
BMJ 329:315. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of hospital at home schemes compared with inpatient care in patients with acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Efficacy of theophylline in people with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review and meta-analysisF S F Ram
National Collaborating Centre for Women s and Children s Health, London, UK
Respir Med 99:135-44. 2005..To determine the efficacy of oral theophylline compared with placebo in people with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Use of theophylline in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: examining the evidenceFelix S F Ram
School of Health Sciences, Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand
Curr Opin Pulm Med 12:132-9. 2006..The role of theophylline in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease remains controversial. This review was undertaken to determine the efficacy of theophylline in patients with stable disease...
- Clinical effectiveness of the Respimat inhaler device in managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: evidence when compared with other handheld inhaler devicesFelix S F Ram
School of Health and Social Services, Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 6:129-39. 2011..This study was undertaken to determine the clinical effectiveness of the Respimat handheld inhaler device compared with other handheld inhaler devices for the delivery of medication in stable COPD...
- Clinical efficacy of inhaler devices containing beta(2)-agonist bronchodilators in the treatment of asthma: cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis of more than 100 randomized, controlled trialsFelix S F Ram
National Collaborating Centre for Women and Children s Health, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, UK
Am J Respir Med 2:349-65. 2003..These include hydrofluoroalkane or chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)-free propelled pressurized metered-dose inhalers (pMDIs), many dry powder inhalers and breath-actuated inhalers...
- Evidence-based resource use by practice nurses in the Greater Auckland region of New ZealandKaren J Hoare
Goodfellow Unit, School of Nursing, ProCare Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care, School of Population Health, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
N Z Med J 121:51-8. 2008..To determine self-reported use of New Zealand's Guidelines Group (NZGG) and BPAC resources by practice nurses (PNs) in the Greater Auckland area of New Zealand...
- Airway mucosal inflammation in COPD is similar in smokers and ex-smokers: a pooled analysisE Gamble
Department of Respiratory Medicine, London Chest Hospital, Bonner Road, London, UK
Eur Respir J 30:467-71. 2007..It is concluded that, in established chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the bronchial mucosal inflammatory cell infiltrate is similar in ex-smokers and those that continue to smoke...