Genomes and Genes
G J McKay
Affiliation: Queen's University Belfast
- Investigation of Genetic Variation in Scavenger Receptor Class B, Member 1 (SCARB1) and Association with Serum CarotenoidsGareth J McKay
Centre for Public Health, Royal Victoria Hospital, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland Electronic address
Ophthalmology 120:1632-40. 2013..To investigate association of scavenger receptor class B, member 1 (SCARB1) genetic variants with serum carotenoid levels of lutein (L) and zeaxanthin (Z) and macular pigment optical density (MPOD)...
- Haplotype association analysis of genes within the WNT signalling pathways in diabetic nephropathyDavid H Kavanagh
Nephrology Research Group, Centre for Public Health, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast BT12 6BJ, UK
BMC Nephrol 14:126. 2013..This study comprehensively examined common genetic variation within the WNT pathway for association with DN...
- Association analysis of dyslipidemia-related genes in diabetic nephropathyGareth J McKay
Nephrology Research Group, Centre for Public Health, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e58472. 2013..Analysis in larger independent cohorts is required...
- Evidence of association of APOE with age-related macular degeneration: a pooled analysis of 15 studiesGareth J McKay
Centre for Public Health, Royal Victoria Hospital, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hum Mutat 32:1407-16. 2011..It further provides evidence supporting the role of cholesterol modulation, and low-density cholesterol specifically, in AMD disease etiology...
- Variations in apolipoprotein E frequency with age in a pooled analysis of a large group of older peopleGareth J McKay
Centre for Public Health, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Am J Epidemiol 173:1357-64. 2011..8% to 17.5% across the same age range. Gender had no significant effect on the isoform frequencies. This study provides strong support for an association of the APOE gene with human longevity...
- Complement component 3: an assessment of association with AMD and analysis of gene-gene and gene-environment interactions in a Northern Irish cohortGareth J McKay
Centre for Vision and Vascular Sciences, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland BT12 6BA, UK
Mol Vis 16:194-9. 2010..We assess its effect on AMD risk in a Northern Irish sample, test for gene-gene and gene-environment interaction, and review a risk prediction model...
- Further assessment of the complement component 2 and factor B region associated with age-related macular degenerationGareth J McKay
Centre for Vision Sciences, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:533-9. 2009....
- Genetic and morphological characterization of Cladobotryum species causing cobweb disease of mushroomsG J McKay
Department of Applied Plant Science, The Queen s University of Belfast, Agriculture and Food Science Centre, Belfast, BT9 5PX, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:606-10. 1999..Smaller, polymorphic microsatellites, similarly comprising GA repeats, in the MBC-sensitive isolates in general correlated with their geographic origin...
- A PCR-based method to characterise and identify benzimidazole resistance in Helminthosporium solaniG J McKay
Department of Applied Plant Science, Queen s University of Belfast, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 152:371-8. 1997..Species-specific PCR primers designed to amplify this region were used in conjunction with a restriction endonuclease to cause cleavage in sensitive isolates only and thus provide a rapid diagnostic test to differentiate field isolates...
- Association analysis of Notch pathway signalling genes in diabetic nephropathyD Kavanagh
Nephrology Research Group, Centre for Public Health, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Diabetologia 54:334-8. 2011..We assessed single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs; n = 42) in four of these key genes (JAG1, HES1, NOTCH3 and ADAM10) for association with diabetic nephropathy using a case-control design...