J H Hollis
Affiliation: Queen's University Belfast
- Effect of chronic consumption of almonds on body weight in healthy humansJames Hollis
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA
Br J Nutr 98:651-6. 2007..Whether this can be generalised to other high-fat energy dense foods warrants evaluation...
- Dietary variety and its effect on food intake of elderly adultsJ H Hollis
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, School of Biological and Molecular Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 20:345-51. 2007..Older people frequently have poor food intake. This present study investigated the effect of dietary variety on food intake in younger and older people...
- Effects of appetite, BMI, food form and flavor on mastication: almonds as a test foodJ M Frecka
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, 700 West State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:1231-8. 2008..To investigate the effects of appetitive sensations, body mass index (BMI) and physical/sensory properties of food (almonds) on masticatory indices and resultant pre-swallowing particle sizes...
- Short-term dietary compensation in free-living adultsF McKiernan
Purdue University, W Lafayette, IN, 47907, USA
Physiol Behav 93:975-83. 2008..Further studies of compensatory responses by larger sub-groups of individuals at risk for weight gain are warranted...
- Appetite: measurement and manipulation misgivingsRichard D Mattes
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2059, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:S87-97. 2005..This article critically reviews the most common methods for assessment of appetite and the effects of selected food constituents on appetitive sensations. Translation of current knowledge to dietetic practice must be made cautiously...