Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Fifty years of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP): management of refractory itp in adultsDrew Provan
St Bartolomew s and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Br J Haematol 118:933-44. 2002
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adultsDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel Road, London E1 1BB, U K
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:S34-8. 2003....
- International consensus report on the investigation and management of primary immune thrombocytopeniaDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Blood 115:168-86. 2010..The inclusion of summary tables within this document, supported by information tables in the online appendices, is intended to aid in clinical decision making...
- Efficacy of mycophenolate mofetil as single-agent therapy for refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpuraDrew Provan
Bart s and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Am J Hematol 81:19-25. 2006..The data suggests that response rates to MMF may be higher in patients who have had a shorter duration of their ITP...
- Activity and safety profile of low-dose rituximab for the treatment of autoimmune cytopenias in adultsDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Bart s and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel, London, UK
Haematologica 92:1695-8. 2007..The immunotherapy had no effect in 1 patient with pure red cell aplasia or in 1 patient with autoimmune neutropenia. No infusion-related or delayed toxicities attributable to rituximab were experienced by any of the patients...
- Alpha-galactosylceramide-driven expansion of human natural killer T cells is inhibited by prednisolone treatmentUlrika Johansson
Department of Haematology, Barts and The London, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Br J Haematol 125:400-4. 2004..These results support a role for NKT cells in ITP and aid understanding of the immunosuppressive activities of prednisolone in autoimmune disease...
- Immune thrombocytopenia -- what are the new treatment options?Simon Hallam
Queen Mary University of London, Bart s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Haematology, Whitechapel, London El 2ES, UK
Expert Opin Biol Ther 13:1173-85. 2013..The overall mortality rate for ITP is < 1%, and the morbidity and mortality associated with treatment can be worse than the disease...