Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Fifty years of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP): management of refractory itp in adultsDrew Provan
St Bartolomew s and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Br J Haematol 118:933-44. 2002
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adultsDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel Road, London E1 1BB, U K
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:S34-8. 2003....
- International consensus report on the investigation and management of primary immune thrombocytopeniaDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Blood 115:168-86. 2010..The inclusion of summary tables within this document, supported by information tables in the online appendices, is intended to aid in clinical decision making...
- Efficacy of mycophenolate mofetil as single-agent therapy for refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpuraDrew Provan
Bart s and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Am J Hematol 81:19-25. 2006..The data suggests that response rates to MMF may be higher in patients who have had a shorter duration of their ITP...
- Activity and safety profile of low-dose rituximab for the treatment of autoimmune cytopenias in adultsDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Bart s and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel, London, UK
Haematologica 92:1695-8. 2007..The immunotherapy had no effect in 1 patient with pure red cell aplasia or in 1 patient with autoimmune neutropenia. No infusion-related or delayed toxicities attributable to rituximab were experienced by any of the patients...
- United Kingdom immune thrombocytopenia registry: retrospective evaluation of bone marrow fibrosis in adult patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia and correlation with clinical findingsHasan Rizvi
Department of Pathology, Barts Health NHS Trust, London, UK Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University London, London, UK
Br J Haematol 169:590-4. 2015....
- Alpha-galactosylceramide-driven expansion of human natural killer T cells is inhibited by prednisolone treatmentUlrika Johansson
Department of Haematology, Barts and The London, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Br J Haematol 125:400-4. 2004..These results support a role for NKT cells in ITP and aid understanding of the immunosuppressive activities of prednisolone in autoimmune disease...
- Immune thrombocytopenia -- what are the new treatment options?Simon Hallam
Queen Mary University of London, Bart s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Haematology, Whitechapel, London El 2ES, UK
Expert Opin Biol Ther 13:1173-85. 2013..The overall mortality rate for ITP is < 1%, and the morbidity and mortality associated with treatment can be worse than the disease...