Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Giovannoni G, Comi G, Cook S, Rammohan K, Rieckmann P, Soelberg Sørensen P, et al. A placebo-controlled trial of oral cladribine for relapsing multiple sclerosis. N Engl J Med. 2010;362:416-26 pubmed publisher..Cladribine provides immunomodulation through selective targeting of lymphocyte subtypes. We report the results of a 96-week phase 3 trial of a short-course oral tablet therapy in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis...
- Thomson A, Rivas C, Giovannoni G. Multiple sclerosis outpatient future groups: improving the quality of participant interaction and ideation tools within service improvement activities. BMC Health Serv Res. 2015;15:105 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that improving the quality of ideation tools within design-led methods can contribute to developing successful service interventions in service improvement activities. ..
- Giovannoni G, Butzkueven H, Dhib Jalbut S, Hobart J, Kobelt G, Pepper G, et al. Brain health: time matters in multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2016;9 Suppl 1:S5-S48 pubmed publisher..The consensus findings of an international author group recommend a therapeutic strategy based on proactive monitoring and shared decision-making in MS. Early diagnosis and improved treatment access are also key components. ..
- Giovannoni G, Kappos L, Gold R, Khatri B, Selmaj K, Umans K, et al. Safety and tolerability profile of daclizumab in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: An integrated analysis of clinical studies. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2016;9:36-46 pubmed publisher..This integrated analysis demonstrates that treatment of RRMS with daclizumab for periods of up to 6.5 years is associated with an acceptable safety profile with no evidence of cumulative toxicity over time. ..
- Giovannoni G, Cohen J, Coles A, Hartung H, Havrdova E, Selmaj K, et al. Alemtuzumab improves preexisting disability in active relapsing-remitting MS patients. Neurology. 2016;87:1985-1992 pubmed..This study provides Class I evidence (based on rater blinding and a balance in baseline characteristics between arms) that alemtuzumab modifies disability measures favorably compared with SC IFN-?-1a. ..
- Kuhle J, Disanto G, Dobson R, Adiutori R, Bianchi L, Topping J, et al. Conversion from clinically isolated syndrome to multiple sclerosis: A large multicentre study. Mult Scler. 2015;21:1013-24 pubmed publisher..We validated MRI lesion load, OCB and age at CIS as the strongest independent predictors of conversion to CDMS in this multicentre setting. A role for vitamin D is suggested but requires further investigation. ..
- Giovannoni G, Cutter G, Pia Sormani M, Belachew S, Hyde R, Koendgen H, et al. Is multiple sclerosis a length-dependent central axonopathy? The case for therapeutic lag and the asynchronous progressive MS hypotheses. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;12:70-78 pubmed publisher..If this hypothesis is confirmed it may have major implications for the future design of progressive MS trials. ..
- Kobelt G, Giovannoni G. Tackling comorbidity in multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;17:144-145 pubmed publisher..A holistic approach should combine lifestyle modifications and the use of low-cost, low-risk treatments for common conditions. Such an approach is most effective when all stakeholders share responsibility...
- Rose J, Giovannoni G, Wiendl H, Gold R, Havrdova E, Kappos L, et al. Consistent efficacy of daclizumab beta across patient demographic and disease activity subgroups in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;17:32-40 pubmed publisher..In two pivotal studies in relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS), patients treated with daclizumab beta exhibited lower annualized relapse rates (ARR) when compared with placebo or with intramuscular (IM) interferon beta-1a...
- Giovannoni G. Cladribine to Treat Relapsing Forms of Multiple Sclerosis. Neurotherapeutics. 2017;14:874-887 pubmed publisher....