W K H Fakhoury
Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Goals of new long-stay patients in supported housing: a UK studyWalid K H Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry of St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine Queen Mary, University of London, Newham Centre for Mental Health, UK
Int J Soc Psychiatry 51:45-54. 2005....
- An unholy alliance: substance abuse and social exclusion among assertive outreach patientsW K H Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 114:124-31. 2006..To investigate the relationship between social exclusion and outcomes of mentally ill patients with substance abuse problems receiving assertive outreach treatment in London...
- Be good to your patient: how the therapeutic relationship in the treatment of patients admitted to assertive outreach affects rehospitalizationWalid K H Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, St Bartholomew s Medical School, Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:789-91. 2007..Rehospitalization was assessed over a 9-month follow-up period. Controlling for other predictors, a more positive TR was found to predict fewer hospitalizations in new patients but not in established ones...
- Morale and job perception of community mental health professionals in Berlin and LondonStefan Priebe
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Newham Centre for Mental Health, London E13 8SP, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:223-32. 2005....
- Functional incapacity and physical and psychological symptoms: how they interconnect in chronic fatigue syndromeStefan Priebe
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Psychopathology 41:339-45. 2008..If so, it could be expected to be closely associated with physical, but not psychological symptoms. The study tests this hypothesis...
- Research in supported housingWalid K H Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Academic Unit, East Ham Memorial Hospital, Shrewsbury Road, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 37:301-15. 2002..In this paper, we review the conceptual issues related to the provision of supported housing schemes, the characteristics of residents, research methods and outcomes, and the factors influencing the quality of care provided...
- Subjective quality of life and posttraumatic stress disorderPatricia d'Ardenne
Institute of Psychotrauma, Barts and the London School of Medicine, London, UK
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:62-5. 2005..The high dissatisfaction with several social domains of life should be considered in treatment, and depressive and anxiety symptoms might be targeted to improve SQOL...
- Subjective evaluation: is there more than one criterion?Walid K H Fakhoury
Bart s and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
Schizophr Bull 28:319-27. 2002..Therefore, future research needs to focus on how the general factor can be assessed more directly and to identify how the specific variance of different criteria independent of that factor can be maximized...