W K Fakhoury
Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Prevalence and extent of distress of adverse effects of antipsychotics among callers to a United Kingdom National Mental Health HelplineW K Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, St Bartholomew s and The Royal London School of Medicine, Queen Mary and Westfield College, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 16:153-62. 2001..Doctors should be more open to discussing the risks and nature of adverse effects with patients who should also be encouraged to do so...
- Training, communication, and information needs of mental health counselors in the United KingdomW K Fakhoury
Royal London School of Medicine, East Ham Memorial Hospital, United Kingdom
Psychiatr Serv 52:1237-41. 2001....
- Research in supported housingWalid K H Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Academic Unit, East Ham Memorial Hospital, Shrewsbury Road, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 37:301-15. 2002..In this paper, we review the conceptual issues related to the provision of supported housing schemes, the characteristics of residents, research methods and outcomes, and the factors influencing the quality of care provided...
- Be good to your patient: how the therapeutic relationship in the treatment of patients admitted to assertive outreach affects rehospitalizationWalid K H Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, St Bartholomew s Medical School, Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:789-91. 2007..Rehospitalization was assessed over a 9-month follow-up period. Controlling for other predictors, a more positive TR was found to predict fewer hospitalizations in new patients but not in established ones...
- Subjective quality of life and posttraumatic stress disorderPatricia d'Ardenne
Institute of Psychotrauma, Barts and the London School of Medicine, London, UK
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:62-5. 2005..The high dissatisfaction with several social domains of life should be considered in treatment, and depressive and anxiety symptoms might be targeted to improve SQOL...
- Morale and job perception of community mental health professionals in Berlin and LondonStefan Priebe
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Newham Centre for Mental Health, London E13 8SP, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:223-32. 2005....
- Goals of new long-stay patients in supported housing: a UK studyWalid K H Fakhoury
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry of St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine Queen Mary, University of London, Newham Centre for Mental Health, UK
Int J Soc Psychiatry 51:45-54. 2005....