Affiliation: Queen Mary
- A systematic review of chronic fatigue, its syndromes and ethnicity: prevalence, severity, co-morbidity and copingSokratis Dinos
Centre for Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Int J Epidemiol 38:1554-70. 2009..If there are convincing differences in prevalence and risk factors across all or some ethnic groups, investigating the causes of these can help unravel the pathophysiology of CFS...
- Chronic fatigue syndrome in an ethnically diverse population: the influence of psychosocial adversity and physical inactivityKamaldeep S Bhui
Centre for Psychiatry, Wolson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
BMC Med 9:26. 2011..This paper reports the prevalence of chronic fatigue (CF) and CFS in an ethnically diverse population sample and tests whether prevalence varies by social adversity, social support, physical inactivity, anxiety and depression...
- A synthesis of the evidence for managing stress at work: a review of the reviews reporting on anxiety, depression, and absenteeismKamaldeep S Bhui
Centre for Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London E14NS, UK
J Environ Public Health 2012:515874. 2012..Psychosocial stressors in the workplace are a cause of anxiety and depressive illnesses, suicide and family disruption...
- Preventive psychiatry: a paradigm to improve population mental health and well-beingKamaldeep Bhui
Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Centre for Psychiatry, Old Anatomy Building, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Br J Psychiatry 198:417-9. 2011..Specialist mental health professionals are needed to inform and lead public health reforms...
- Ethnicity and its influence on suicide rates and riskKamaldeep S Bhui
Centre for Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6BQ, UK
Ethn Health 17:141-8. 2012..To investigate the influence of ethnicity on suicide, and related risk indicators including psychiatric symptoms, among patients committing suicide whilst admitted to psychiatric hospitals...
- Stigma: the feelings and experiences of 46 people with mental illness. Qualitative studySokratis Dinos
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 184:176-81. 2004..Stigma defines people in terms of some distinguishing characteristic and devalues them as a consequence...