Cecilia Camacho Hubner
Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Pharmacokinetic studies of recombinant human insulin-like growth factor I (rhIGF-I)/rhIGF-binding protein-3 complex administered to patients with growth hormone insensitivity syndromeCecilia Camacho-Hubner
Department of Endocrinology, William Harvey Research Institute, John Vane Science Building, First Floor, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1246-53. 2006..We have investigated a newly developed drug, rhIGF-I/rhIGFBP-3, a 1:1 molar complex of rhIGF-I and rhIGFBP-3...
- Therapeutic applications of the insulin-like growth factorsMartin O Savage
Research Centre in Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology, William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary s, University of London, London, UK
Growth Horm IGF Res 14:301-8. 2004..Improved glycaemic control has been reported in type 1 and type 2 diabetes in adults. A therapeutic trial in naïve children with GHIS is currently under way...
- Endocrine assessment, molecular characterization and treatment of growth hormone insensitivity disordersMartin O Savage
Paediatric Endocrinology Unit, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 2:395-407. 2006....
- Idiopathic short stature: will genetics influence the choice between GH and IGF-I therapy?Martin O Savage
Endocrinology Centre, William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary, University of London, London, EC1M 6BQ UK
Eur J Endocrinol 157:S33-7. 2007..Genetic analysis for single-gene defects has made enormous contributions to understanding the physiology of growth regulation. Can this type of investigation help in predicting growth responses to GH or IGF-I therapy?..
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I gene deletionCecilia Camacho-Hubner
Paediatric Endocrinology Section, Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 3:357-61. 2002
- Phenotypic variability in growth hormone insensitivityMartin O Savage
Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:1449-50. 2002
- A rapid method for analyzing serum pro-insulin-like growth factor-II in patients with non-islet cell tumor hypoglycemiaFarideh Miraki-Moud
Department of Endocrinology, 51 53 Bartholomew Close, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London EC1A 7BE, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3819-23. 2005..Non-islet cell tumor hypoglycemia (NICTH) results from the hypersecretion of pro-IGF-II by a large, usually mesenchymal tumor. Detection of pro-IGF-II in serum is a potential tumor marker in these patients...
- Isolated growth hormone deficiencyLibia M Hernández
Department of Endocrinology, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s and The Royal London Hospitals, QM, University of London, London, UK
Pituitary 10:351-7. 2007..We review current studies and the clinical, biochemical, and molecular features described for different groups of affected individuals with IGHD...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone improves psychological well-being in male and female hypopituitary patients on maintenance growth hormone replacementAntonia M Brooke
Department of Endocrinology, Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London EC1A 7BE, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3773-9. 2006..They are profoundly androgen deficient, and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) has been shown to have a beneficial effect on well-being and mood in patients with adrenal failure and possibly in hypopituitarism...