Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Functional PET imaging in cancer drug developmentNorbert Avril
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London, Barts and the London School of Medicine, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Future Oncol 3:215-28. 2007....
- Gynecological cancersNorbert Avril
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 727:171-89. 2011....
- The clinical advances of fluorine-2-D-deoxyglucose--positron emission tomography/computed tomography in urological cancersNorbert Avril
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Int J Urol 17:501-11. 2010..With disease progression and subsequent de-differentiation of prostate cancer, castrate resistant disease is more likely to present with lesions that have increased glucose metabolism...
- 18F-FDG PET after radiofrequency ablation: Is timing everything?Norbert Avril
Queen Mary University of London London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 47:1235-7. 2006
- Response to therapy in breast cancerNorbert Avril
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 50:55S-63S. 2009..Ultimately, the prediction of therapeutic effectiveness by PET and PET/CT could help to individualize treatment and to avoid ineffective chemotherapies, with their associated toxicities...
- Prediction of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy by sequential F-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in patients with advanced-stage ovarian cancerNorbert Avril
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Division of Nuclear Medicine, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7445-53. 2005....
- 90Y microsphere treatment of unresectable liver metastases: changes in 18F-FDG uptake and tumour size on PET/CTMaren Bienert
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center UPMC, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:778-87. 2005..The aim of this study was to quantitatively assess changes in FDG uptake and tumour size following 90Y microsphere treatment (SIR-Spheres) using 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) PET/CT imaging...
- Posttreatment assessment of response using FDG-PET/CT for patients treated with definitive radiation therapy for head and neck cancersRegiane S Andrade
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:1315-22. 2006....
- Full-dose 90Y ibritumomab tiuxetan therapy is safe in patients with prior myeloablative chemotherapySamuel A Jacobs
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7146s-7150s. 2005..We treated eight patients with 90Y ibritumomab tiuxetan who had prior autologous stem cell transplant, but met all other treatment criteria...
- 18F-FDG PET/CT in patients with suspected recurrent or metastatic well-differentiated thyroid cancerAmer Shammas
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Nucl Med 48:221-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of coregistered PET and CT (PET/CT) in patients with suspected thyroid cancer recurrence...
- Standardized uptake value-based evaluations of solitary pulmonary nodules using F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose-PET/computed tomographyBerna Degirmenci
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Nucl Med Commun 29:614-22. 2008..We compared various semiquantitative approaches for the characterization of solitary pulmonary nodules (SPNs) using F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose PET/CT...
- Molecular positron emission tomography and PET/CT imaging in urological malignanciesTom Powles
Department of Urology, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
Eur Urol 51:1511-20; discussion 1520-1. 2007..The aim of this review is to provide an update on the current status of molecular PET and PET/CT imaging in urological malignancies...
- F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography imaging for primary breast cancer and loco-regional stagingNorbert Avril
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London, West Smithfield QEII, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Radiol Clin North Am 45:645-57, vi. 2007..Advances in technology, for example the development of dedicated breast imaging devices such as positron emission mammography, hold promise to improve the detection of primary tumors in the future...
- FDG PET CT assessment of treatment response after yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan radioimmunotherapyJudith M Joyce
Nuclear Medicine Division, Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Clin Nucl Med 30:564-8. 2005..Simultaneous FDG PET and CT imaging (PET CT) provides coregistered functional PET images with anatomic CT images. We describe 2 cases of non-Hodgkin lymphoma treated in which response was followed using PET CT...
- Molecular PET and PET/CT imaging of tumour cell proliferation using F-18 fluoro-L-thymidine: a comprehensive evaluationTara Barwick
Department of Radiology Nuclear Medicine, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 30:908-17. 2009..Further research should be facilitated by simplified synthesis of FLT with improved yields and an increasing commercial availability...
- Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)/computed tomography using Iodine-123 in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer: additional value over whole body planar imaging and SPECTTara Barwick
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts and The London School of Medicine and NHS Trust, Queen Mary, University of London, West Smithfield QE II, London, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 162:1131-9. 2010....
- New ways of assessing ovarian cancer response: metabolic imaging and beyondAndrea Rockall
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, UK
Cancer Imaging 12:310-4. 2012..In this review article, we describe the current literature on functional imaging techniques in ovarian cancer response assessment, focusing on fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography...
- FDG-PET/CT as a molecular biomarker in ovarian cancerEwa Nowosinska
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts Cancer Institute, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Cancer Biomark 8:167-75. 2010..The aim of this review is to demonstrate the value of FDG-PET-CT in diagnosis and management of patients with ovarian malignancies, outlining its advantages and limitations...
- Clinical use of combined positron emission tomography and computed tomography (FDG-PET/CT) in recurrent ovarian cancerMelissa M Thrall
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gynecol Oncol 105:17-22. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of co-registered PET/CT using F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) for surveillance and follow-up of ovarian cancer patients to detect recurrent disease...
- Sequential FDG-PET/CT as a biomarker of response to Sunitinib in metastatic clear cell renal cancerIrfan Kayani
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University College Hospital, London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 17:6021-8. 2011..Three sequential scans were conducted to determine whether the timing of the investigation was relevant...
- Hybrid PET-CT simulation for radiation treatment planning in head-and-neck cancers: a brief technical reportDwight E Heron
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1419-24. 2004..To prospectively study the impact on tumor and normal tissue delineation for RT planning by use of hybrid PET-CT simulation for patients with head-and-neck cancer...
- Sequential FDG PET/CT in 90Y microsphere treatment of unresectable colorectal liver metastasesMaren Bienert
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center UPMC, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:723. 2005
- Time-of-flight PET/CT using low-activity protocols: potential implications for cancer therapy monitoringIain Murray
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine, West Smithfield QE II, London, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:1643-53. 2010..In this study we investigated to what extent a reduction in administered activity, synonymous with an overall reduction in repeated patient exposure, compromised the accuracy of quantitative measures using time-of-flight PET/CT...
- Clinical manifestations of familial paraganglioma and phaeochromocytomas in succinate dehydrogenase B (SDH-B) gene mutation carriersUmasuthan Srirangalingam
Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:587-96. 2008..The aim of this study was to describe the clinical manifestations of subjects with SDH-B gene mutations...
- Contrasting clinical manifestations of SDHB and VHL associated chromaffin tumoursUmasuthan Srirangalingam
Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London EC1A 7BE, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:515-25. 2009..VHL-related tumours tend to be adrenal phaeochromocytomas, frequently bilateral and associated with a milder phenotype...
- GLUT1 expression in tissue and (18)F-FDG uptakeNorbert Avril
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Nucl Med 45:930-2. 2004
- 123I-metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) scintigraphy for the detection of adrenal and extra-adrenal phaeochromocytomas: CT and MRI correlationKunwar S S Bhatia
Department of Academic Radiology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:181-8. 2008..Evidence regarding the accuracy of [(123)I] metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) imaging for phaeochromocytoma localization is currently limited to small series...
- Interleukin-6 as a therapeutic target in human ovarian cancerJermaine Coward
Barts Cancer Institute, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 17:6083-96. 2011..We investigated whether inhibition of interleukin 6 (IL-6) has therapeutic activity in ovarian cancer via abrogation of a tumor-promoting cytokine network...
- Single-detector helical CT in PET-CT: assessment of image qualityWolfgang Römer
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1571-7. 2004..The aim of our study was to assess the impact of artifacts on the diagnostic quality of CT scans using a single-detector helical CT scanner in PET-CT imaging...
- Recommendations on the use of 18F-FDG PET in oncologyJames W Fletcher
Department of Radiology, Indiana Purdue University, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5253, USA
J Nucl Med 49:480-508. 2008..Outcomes of interest included the use of (18)F-FDG PET for diagnosing, staging, and detecting the recurrence or progression of cancer...
- Whole-body PET/CT: spectrum of physiological variants, artifacts and interpretative pitfalls in cancer patientsLuis Gorospe
Department of Radiology, La Paz University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Nucl Med Commun 26:671-87. 2005....
- Early prediction of response to chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer using sequential 18F-FDG PETJoerg Dose Schwarz
Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:1144-50. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of sequential 18F-FDG PET to predict response after the first and second cycles of standardized chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer...
- Radioimmunotherapy using 131I-rituximab in patients with advanced stage B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: initial experienceMaren Bienert
Clinic for Nuclear Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1225-33. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety, toxicity and therapeutic response of non-myeloablative radioimmunotherapy using 131I-rituximab in previously heavily treated patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (B-NHL)...
- Histopathologic assessment of tumor regression after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in advanced-stage ovarian cancerStefanie Sassen
Department of Pathology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Hum Pathol 38:926-34. 2007..The residual tumor size after neoadjuvant chemotherapy was the only criterion significantly correlated with treatment response and subsequent overall survival...
- Breast CT: a critical perspectiveNorbert Avril
Future Oncol 2:325-7. 2006
- Intraoperative examination of sentinel lymph nodes by ultrarapid immunohistochemistryJörg M Nährig
Institute of Pathology, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Breast J 9:277-81. 2003..This technique may be a useful complementary tool for the intraoperative study of SLNs, particularly in tumors that are a diagnostic challenge, such as lobular carcinoma...