Jonathan P R Scott
Affiliation: QinetiQ Ltd
- Preparation for and physiological responses to competing in the Marathon des Sables: a case reportN Williams
Human Sciences, QinetiQ Ltd, UK
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 54:34-42. 2014..63-39.65°C. The results provide a case report on the physiological responses of a highly aerobically-trained, but novice ultra-endurance runner competing in the MDS, and allow for a comparison with an elite performer...
- Subjective and objective measures of relaxed +Gz tolerance following repeated +Gz exposureJonathan P R Scott
Human Sciences, QinetiQ Ltd, Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Aviat Space Environ Med 84:684-91. 2013..This study assessed +Gz tolerance before and after repeated exposure to +Gz at two different intensities as the role of frequency of +Gz exposure in adaptation also remains unknown...
- Cytokine response to acute running in recreationally-active and endurance-trained menJonathan P R Scott
Human Sciences, QinetiQ Ltd, Room 2022, Building A5, QinetiQ Ltd, Cody Technology Park, Ively Road, GU14 0LX, Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Eur J Appl Physiol 113:1871-82. 2013..Increased CK might indicate either exercise-induced muscle cell disruption or increased cell permeability, although neither appears to have contributed to the increased cytokine concentrations...
- Effect of fasting versus feeding on the bone metabolic response to runningJonathan P R Scott
Human Sciences, QinetiQ Ltd, Farnborough, UK
Bone 51:990-9. 2012..The reduced duration of the β-CTX response with fasting was not fully explained by changes in PTH, OPG, leptin or ghrelin...
- The effect of training status on the metabolic response of bone to an acute bout of exhaustive treadmill runningJonathan P R Scott
Human Protection and Performance Enhancement, Room G077, Building A54, QinetiQ, Cody Technology Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 0LX, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:3918-25. 2010..Strenuous exercise increases bone resorption but not formation. The effect of improved training status is unknown...
- The role of exercise intensity in the bone metabolic response to an acute bout of weight-bearing exerciseJonathan P R Scott
QinetiQ, Rm G077, Bldg A54, Cody Technology Park, Ively Rd, Farnborough, Hampshire, UK GU14 0LX
J Appl Physiol (1985) 110:423-32. 2011..The increase in OPG was not influenced by exercise intensity, whereas PTH was increased at 75% Vo(2max) only, which cannot be fully explained by changes in serum calcium or PO(4) concentrations...
- Garment fit and protection from sustained +Gz acceleration with 'full-coverage' anti-G trousersAlec T Stevenson
Aircrew Systems Group, Human Sciences, AIR Division, QinetiQ, Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Aviat Space Environ Med 84:600-7. 2013..A search of the available literature, however, did not reveal any prior work quantifying this effect...