Anthony N Nicholson
Affiliation: QinetiQ Ltd
- Studies on performance and sleepiness with the H1-antihistamine, desloratadineAnthony N Nicholson
QinetiQ Ltd, Centre for Human Sciences, Farnborough, Hants, United Kingdom
Aviat Space Environ Med 74:809-15. 2003..The purpose of this study was to establish whether the H1-antihistamine desloratadine (5 mg), the active metabolite of loratadine, is free of effects on performance and sleepiness...
- Effect of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol on nocturnal sleep and early-morning behavior in young adultsAnthony N Nicholson
QinetiQ Ltd, Centre for Human Sciences, Cody Technology Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 0LX, UK
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:305-13. 2004..Fifteen milligrams THC would appear to be sedative, while 15 mg CBD appears to have alerting properties as it increased awake activity during sleep and counteracted the residual sedative activity of 15 mg THC...
- Sedation and memory: studies with a histamine H-1 receptor antagonistClaire Turner
QinetiQ Centre for Human Sciences, Farnborough, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:506-17. 2006..It is considered that impaired memory is not necessarily associated with sedation, and that impairment of memory with drugs that lead to sedation may be effected through neuronal systems independent of those that affect arousal...
- Central effects of cinnarizine: restricted use in aircrewAnthony N Nicholson
QinetiQ Ltd, Centre for Human Sciences, Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Aviat Space Environ Med 73:570-4. 2002..Our aim was to establish the effects of cinnarizine, a drug used for the treatment of motion sickness, on daytime sleepiness and performance...
- Anti-diuretic for operational aircrew: effects of desmopressin on urine flow, cognition, and sleepinessAnthony N Nicholson
QinetiQ, Ltd, Centre for Human Sciences, Farnborough, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Aviat Space Environ Med 76:760-5. 2005..In this event it would be important to establish an effective dose range free of adverse effects...
- Limitations of risk analysis in the determination of medical factors in road vehicle accidentsMichael B Spencer
QinetiQ Centre for Human Sciences, Cody Technology Park, Farnborough
Clin Med 4:50-3. 2004....
- Anti-depressant use by aircrew: modulation of higher nervous function and the sleep-wake continuumAnthony N Nicholson
Division of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, Guy s Campus, London Bridge, London SE1 9RT, UK
Aviat Space Environ Med 74:1205-6. 2003..The use of anti-depressants by aircrew raises clinical and operational issues. In this commentary the importance of a multi-disciplinary approach to the decision-making process is emphasized...
- Aircrew and type 1 diabetes mellitusSimon R Heller
Department of Diabetes and Endocrine Medicine, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield, UK
Aviat Space Environ Med 77:456-8. 2006..Further, cognition may be impaired for a considerable period of time beyond the correction of any episode. These observations and their implications to operational aircrew with Type 1 DM are discussed...
- Sleep and intercontinental flightsAnthony N Nicholson
School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, King s College London, London, UK
Travel Med Infect Dis 4:336-9. 2006..However, effective and practical alterations in the light environment must be devised before such strategies can be considered with confidence...