Affiliation: Poole Hospital NHS Trust
- Assessment of changes in cardiac autonomic tone resulting from inflammatory response to the influenza vaccinationS Perring
Medical Physics, Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Poole, UK
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 32:437-44. 2012..Results suggest a significant change in HRV response to a small inflammatory provocation and suggest further investigation of the inflammatory causes of dysautonomia is of value...
- Simultaneous measurement of instantaneous heart rate and chest wall plethysmography in short-term, metronome guided heart rate variability studies: suitability for assessment of autonomic dysfunctionS Perring
Medical Physics, Poole Hospital NHS Trust, Longfleet Road, Poole BH15 2JB, UK
Physiol Meas 24:745-51. 2003..Simultaneous measurement of heart rate and breathing offers the possibility of more sensitive diagnosis of autonomic failure in a simple bedside test and gives further insight into the nature of cardio-ventilatory coupling...
- Laboratory-free measurement of gait rhythmicity in the assessment of the degree of impairment and the effectiveness of rehabilitation in patients with vertigo resulting from vestibular hypofunctionS Perring
Medical Physics Department, Poole Hospital NHS Trust, Poole, Dorset BH15 2JB, UK
Physiol Meas 28:697-705. 2007....
- Automated identification of peristaltic pressure waves in oesophageal manometry investigations using the rolling correlation techniqueS Perring
Medical Physics Department, Poole Hospital NHS Trust, Longfleet Rd, Poole BH15 2JB, UK
Physiol Meas 30:1241-50. 2009....
- Proximal acid reflux treated by fundoplication predicts a good outcome for chronic cough attributable to gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseJ Kirkby-Bott
Department General Surgery, Poole Hospital Foundation NHS Trust, Longfleet Road, Poole, Dorset BH15 2BR, UK
Langenbecks Arch Surg 396:167-71. 2011..The aim for this study is to examine whether proximal, as opposed to distal, oesophageal reflux predicts a good outcome after fundoplication in patients with suspected acid-induced chronic cough...
- The use of a two-dimensional ultrasound time-of-flight system for location of the centre of gravity in posturography measurementsS Perring
Medical Physics, Poole Hospital NHS Trust, Dorset, UK
Physiol Meas 22:447-52. 2001..CoG location using ultrasound ToF is a suitable method of tracking sway and thus assessing balance in normals and balance-compromised patients...