D C Perry
- The epidemiology and etiology of Perthes diseaseDaniel C Perry
Department of Child Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Orthop Clin North Am 42:279-83, v. 2011..Children are frequently short, with a growth pattern described as "rostral-sparing". A propensity to associated congenital anomalies suggests an intrauterine cause...
- The use of CRP within a clinical prediction algorithm for the differentiation of septic arthritis and transient synovitis in childrenR Singhal
Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Eaton Road, West Derby, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:1556-61. 2011..A two-variable algorithm can therefore quantify the risk of septic arthritis, and is an excellent negative predictor...
- Hyperactivity and the psychological burden of Perthes disease: a case-control studyDaniel C Perry
School of Population, Community and Behavioural Science, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Pediatr Orthop 33:644-9. 2013..This study seeks to quantify the association with hyperactivity, and the wider psychological burden of the disease...
- Comorbidities in Perthes' disease: a case control study using the General Practice Research databaseD C Perry
Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Orthopaedic Department, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:1684-9. 2012..Other comorbid associations may offer insight to support or refute theories of pathogenesis...
- Perthes' disease of the hip: socioeconomic inequalities and the urban environmentDaniel C Perry
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Alder Hey Childrens Hospital, Eaton Road, Liverpool, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:1053-7. 2012..The objective of the current work was to gain a greater understanding of the influence of the urban/rural environment in Perthes' disease...
- Abnormalities of vascular structure and function in children with Perthes diseaseDaniel C Perry
Department of Public Health and Policy, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 130:e126-31. 2012..This study sought to use ultrasound measures to investigate vascular structure and function in children affected by Perthes disease...
- Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease in the UK: geographic and temporal trends in incidence reflecting differences in degree of deprivation in childhoodDaniel C Perry
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Arthritis Rheum 64:1673-9. 2012..This study was undertaken to analyze the incidence of Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease in the UK, with respect to geographic and temporal trends over a 19-year period...
- Racial and geographic factors in the incidence of Legg-Calvé-Perthes' disease: a systematic reviewDaniel C Perry
School of Population, Community and Behavioural Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
Am J Epidemiol 175:159-66. 2012..30, 1.58) times. While much of the international variation appears to be a function of race, latitude demonstrates a strong association. This observation may offer new epidemiologic insights into the determinants of Perthes' disease...
- Minimising the risk of extensor pollicis longus rupture following volar plate fixation of distal radius fractures: a cadaveric studyD C Perry
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 93:57-60. 2011..We sought to identify the screw holes in some of the most commonly used plates which may precipitate tendon injury...
- Perthes' disease: deprivation and declineDaniel C Perry
Department of Children s Orthopaedic Surgery, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Eaton Road, Liverpool, L12 2AP, UK
Arch Dis Child 96:1124-8. 2011..The highest incidence reported worldwide is in Merseyside, UK, where a unique disease register is maintained...
- The association between clubfoot and developmental dysplasia of the hipD C Perry
Orthopaedic Department, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:1586-8. 2010..This suggests that 1 in 17 babies with CTEV will have underlying hip dysplasia. This study supports selective ultrasound screening of hips in infants with CTEV...