Justin C T Pepperell
- A randomized controlled trial of adaptive ventilation for Cheyne-Stokes breathing in heart failureJustin C T Pepperell
Oxford Sleep Unit, Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Oxford Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:1109-14. 2003..This study suggests improvements in neurohormonal activation with this treatment...
- Systemic hypertension and obstructive sleep apnoeaJustin C T Pepperell
Oxford Sleep Unit, Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, UK
Sleep Med Rev 6:157-73. 2002..Finally, several studies on the beneficial effects of nasal continuous positive airway pressure in reducing blood pressure in OSA patients have preliminary results in abstract form, with one published in full...
- Continuous positive airway pressure and liver enzymes in obstructive sleep apnoea: data from a randomized controlled trialMalcolm Kohler
Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ UK
Respiration 78:141-6. 2009..Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) is the treatment for OSAS, but the effects of CPAP on liver enzymes have not been studied in a randomized controlled trial...
- Continuous positive airway pressure treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea reduces resting heart rate but does not affect dysrhythmias: a randomised controlled trialSonya Craig
Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, United Kingdom
J Sleep Res 18:329-36. 2009..Four weeks of CPAP therapy reduces mean 24-h heart rate possibly due to reduced sympathetic activation but did not result in a significant decrease in dysrhythmia frequency...
- Ambulatory blood pressure after therapeutic and subtherapeutic nasal continuous positive airway pressure for obstructive sleep apnoea: a randomised parallel trialJustin C T Pepperell
Oxford Sleep Unit and Respiratory Trials Unit, Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Churchill Hospital Site, Oxford Radcliffe Hospital, OX3 7LJ, Oxford, UK
Lancet 359:204-10. 2002..Our aim was to see whether nCPAP for sleep apnoea reduces blood pressure compared with the most robust control intervention subtherapeutic nCPAP...