J Robert Sneyd
Affiliation: Peninsula Medical School
- First human administration of MR04A3: a novel water-soluble nonbenzodiazepine sedativeJ Robert Sneyd
Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, United Kingdom
Anesthesiology 116:385-95. 2012..49, is a novel isoindoline water-soluble benzodiazepine receptor agonist with favorable anesthetic/sedative properties in animals. MR04A3 is a 1% aqueous presentation of JM-1232(-)...
- Inhalational or total intravenous anaesthesia: is total intravenous anaesthesia useful and are there economic benefits?J Robert Sneyd
Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, UK
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 24:182-7. 2011..In practice, studies using easier to measure proxy endpoints dominate - even though the limitations of such research are well known...
- First administration to man of Org 25435, an intravenous anaesthetic: A Phase 1 Clinical TrialAnn E Rigby-Jones
Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Plymouth, The John Bull Building, Research Way, Tamar Science Park, Plymouth PL6 8BU, UK
BMC Anesthesiol 10:10. 2010..This study aimed to assess the safety, tolerability and efficacy of Org 25435 and to obtain preliminary pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic data...
- Multicentre evaluation of the adenosine agonist GR79236X in patients with dental pain after third molar extractionJ R Sneyd
Anaesthesia Research Group, Peninsula Medical School, The John Bull Building, Tamar Science Park, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL6 8BU, and Department of Anaesthesia, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow, UK
Br J Anaesth 98:672-6. 2007..Adenosine is analgesic in humans, and the selective adenosine A1 receptor agonist GR79236X has significant anti-nociceptive activity in an animal pain model of inflammatory pain...
- Comparison of propofol/remifentanil and sevoflurane/remifentanil for maintenance of anaesthesia for elective intracranial surgeryJ R Sneyd
Peninsula Medical School, C310 Portland Square, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
Br J Anaesth 94:778-83. 2005..Propofol and sevoflurane are suitable agents for maintenance of anaesthesia during neurosurgical procedures. We have prospectively compared these agents in combination with the short-acting opioid, remifentanil...
- Recent advances in intravenous anaesthesiaJ R Sneyd
Peninsula Medical School, Portland Square, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
Br J Anaesth 93:725-36. 2004..It may be useful in subhypnotic doses for postsurgical patients with pain refractory to morphine administration...
- Drugs in anaesthesiaRobert Sneyd
Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Derriford, UK
Anaesthesia 58:1183-6. 2003
- A single exposure to hyperbaric oxygen does not cause oxidative stress in isolated platelets: no effect on superoxide dismutase, catalase, or cellular ATPFrances L Shaw
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Clin Biochem 38:722-6. 2005..The aim of the study was to investigate whether a single hyperbaric oxygen exposure causes oxidative stress in isolated platelets...
- Remifentanil and fentanyl during anaesthesia for major abdominal and gynaecological surgery. An open, comparative study of safety and efficacyJ R Sneyd
Department of Anaesthesia, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, PL6 8DH, Devon, UK
Eur J Anaesthesiol 18:605-14. 2001..8% isoflurane (end-tidal concentration) for major abdominal and gynaecological surgery, and the efficacy and safety of remifentanil for pain management in the immediate postoperative period...
- Propofol and children--what we know and what we do not knowAnn E Rigby-Jones
Anaesthesia Research Group, Peninsula Medical School, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, UK
Paediatr Anaesth 21:247-54. 2011..K(eo) half-lives have been determined for pediatric kinetic models using time to peak effect techniques but are not currently incorporated into commercially available target-controlled infusion pumps...
- Pharmacokinetics of propofol infusions in critically ill neonates, infants, and children in an intensive care unitAnn E Rigby-Jones
Department of Pharmacy, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth Postgraduate Medical School, Plymouth, UK
Anesthesiology 97:1393-400. 2002..Few data have described propofol kinetics in critically ill children...
- New drugs and technologies, intravenous anaesthesia is on the move (again)J R Sneyd
Anaesthesia Research Group, Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, The John Bull Building, Research Way, Tamar Science Park, Plymouth PL6 8BU, UK
Br J Anaesth 105:246-54. 2010..Computer-controlled drug administration offers the ability to automatically implement infusion schemes too complex for manual use and the possibility of linking patient monitoring to administration to enhance patient safety...
- Oxidative metabolism in platelets, platelet aggregation, and hematology in patients undergoing multiple hyperbaric oxygen exposuresR D Handy
School of Biological Sciences, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
Undersea Hyperb Med 32:327-40. 2005..Overall, we found no evidence that 20 HBO2 sessions caused adverse effects on platelet aggregation or oxidative metabolism in platelets, red or white cell counts, or total antioxidant status of the plasma...
- Remifentanil-midazolam sedation for paediatric patients receiving mechanical ventilation after cardiac surgeryA E Rigby-Jones
Anaesthesia Research Group, Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, UK
Br J Anaesth 99:252-61. 2007..This study aimed to determine the pharmacokinetics of remifentanil in children requiring ventilation after cardiac surgery...