Affiliation: Peninsula Medical School
- Using the Multiple Sclerosis Impact Scale to estimate health state utility values: mapping from the MSIS-29, version 2, to the EQ-5D and the SF-6DAnnie Hawton
Health Economics Group, PenCLAHRC, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Exeter, Devon, UK
Value Health 15:1084-91. 2012....
- The use of multiple sclerosis condition-specific measures to inform health policy decision-making: mapping from the MSWS-12 to the EQ-5DA Hawton
Health Economics Group, PenCLAHRC, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
Mult Scler 18:853-61. 2012..The Multiple Sclerosis Walking Scale (MSWS-12) assesses the impact of MS on walking ability from the patient's perspective, but in its current form, is not amenable for use in many policy decision-making settings...
- Buying time II: an economic evaluation of a joint NHS/Social Services residential rehabilitation unit for older people on discharge from hospitalAnnie Ellis
Centre for Evidence Based Social Services, Institute of Health and Social Care Research, Peninsula Medical School, St Luke s Campus, Heavitree Road, Exetre, EX1 2LU, UK
Health Soc Care Community 14:95-106. 2006..The variability in cost burden between the NHS and Social Services has implications for 'who pays' and being sure that agencies share both pain and gain...
- The impact of social isolation on the health status and health-related quality of life of older peopleAnnie Hawton
Institute of Health Service Research, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Veysey Building, Salmon Pool Lane, Exeter, Devon EX2 4SG, UK
Qual Life Res 20:57-67. 2011....
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of a community mentoring service for socially isolated older people: a controlled trialAndy P Dickens
Primary Care Research Group, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Smeall Building, St Luke s Campus, Magdalen Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, United Kingdom
BMC Public Health 11:218. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine the effectiveness of a community-based mentoring service for improving mental health, social engagement and physical health for socially isolated older people...
- The impact of consumer involvement in research: an evaluation of consumer involvement in the London Primary Care Studies ProgrammeKatrina Wyatt
Child Health Research Group, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, St Luke s Campus, Exeter EX12LU, UK
Fam Pract 25:154-61. 2008..This evaluation assessed the level and impact of consumer involvement in the London Primary Care Studies Programme (LPCSP), all of whose individual projects had to demonstrate substantial involvement as a condition of funding...
- Squinting through layers of fog: assessing the cost effectiveness of treatments for multiple sclerosisAnnie Hawton
Health Economics Group, University of Exeter Medical School, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 11:331-41. 2013..Whilst attention has been drawn to these weaknesses, the scope and extent of the challenges in this area have not been fully set out to date...
- Buying Time I: a prospective, controlled trial of a joint health/social care residential rehabilitation unit for older people on discharge from hospitalTessa Trappes-Lomax
South Hams and West Devon Primary Care Trust, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, Devon EX1 2LU, UK
Health Soc Care Community 14:49-62. 2006..However, the unit did appear to facilitate earlier discharges from community hospital...