Affiliation: Peninsula Medical School
- A mixed-methods study of interprofessional learning of resuscitation skillsPaul Bradley
Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Plymouth PL6 8BU, UK
Med Educ 43:912-22. 2009..This study aimed to identify the effects of interprofessional resuscitation skills teaching on medical and nursing students' attitudes, leadership, team-working and performance skills...
- A questionnaire survey of students' perceptions of nurse tutor teaching in a clinical skills learning programmePaul Bradley
Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, UK
Med Teach 28:49-52. 2006..Some small statistically significant differences are probably of little or no educational significance. This role for nurses stresses the importance of interprofessional teachers in undergraduate healthcare education...
- The history of simulation in medical education and possible future directionsPaul Bradley
Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, UK
Med Educ 40:254-62. 2006..Clinical simulation is on the point of having a significant impact on health care education across professional boundaries and in both the undergraduate and postgraduate arenas...
- Setting up a clinical skills learning facilityP Bradley
Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Plymouth and Exeter, UK
Med Educ 37:6-13. 2003..Care must be taken when choosing equipment to ensure it matches specified requirements for teaching and learning. CONCLUSION: Detailed planning is required across a number of domains when setting up a clinical skills learning facility...
- Content specificity: is it the full story? Statistical modelling of a clinical skills examinationKaren Mattick
Institute of Clinical Education, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Exeter, UK
Med Educ 42:589-99. 2008..This study sought to determine the relative contributions made by transferable skills and content-specific skills to Year 2 medical student performance in a clinical skills examination...
- "Over my dead body?": the influence of demographics on students' willingness to participate in peer physical examinationCharlotte E Rees
Institute of Clinical Education, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Med Teach 27:599-605. 2005..The findings demonstrate that students may show a greater willingness to participate in PPE than previously thought. Further research is required to explore more fully the barriers to PPE...
- Assessment of progress testsJane McHarg
Peninsula Medical School, St Luke s Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter EX1 2LU, UK
Med Educ 39:221-7. 2005..Over the course of the programme students improve their scores on the test, enabling them, as well as staff, to monitor their progress...
- Teaching anatomy without cadaversJohn C McLachlan
Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, C306 Portland Square, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
Med Educ 38:418-24. 2004..Anatomy learning is generally seen as essential to medicine, and exposure to cadavers is generally seen as essential to anatomy learning around the world. Few voices dissenting from these propositions can be identified...
- Exploring medical students' attitudes towards peer physical examinationCharlotte E Rees
Institute of Clinical Education, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Med Teach 26:86-8. 2004..Females were more likely to be uncomfortable with PPE. Further research with larger sample sizes is required to determine whether attitudes are related to age and religious faith...
- Introducing clinical skills training in the undergraduate medical curriculumPaul Bradley
The Peninsula Medical School, ITTC, Plymouth, UK
Med Teach 24:209-12. 2002
- Clinical skills centres: where are we going?Paul Bradley
Med Educ 39:649-50. 2005
- Early introduction to interprofessional learning: a simulated ward environmentJean Ker
Clinical Skills Centre, University of Dundee, UK
Med Educ 37:248-55. 2003..To develop an interprofessional simulated ward environment for junior medical and nursing students and to identify themes for future evaluations and modify criteria for formative assessment of the exercise...
- Surgeon's knots old skills, new trainingPaul Bradley
Lancet 360:874. 2002
- Simulation in clinical learningPaul Bradley
Med Educ 37:1-5. 2003
- The case of the missing lawyer (as if anyone cares), with apologies (this time) to Sir Arthur Conan DoylePaul Bradley
Penisula Medical School, University of Plymouth, UK
Med Educ 36:1155-9. 2002