Trevor J Powles
Affiliation: Parkside Oncology
- Twenty-year follow-up of the Royal Marsden randomized, double-blinded tamoxifen breast cancer prevention trialTrevor J Powles
Parkside Oncology Clinic, 49 Parkside, Wimbledon, London SW19 5NB, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:283-90. 2007..We report the blinded 20-year follow-up (median follow-up = 13 years) of the Royal Marsden trial to identify any long-term prevention of breast cancer associated with tamoxifen treatment...
- Oral bisphosphonates as adjuvant therapy for operable breast cancerTrevor Powles
Parkside Oncology Clinic, London, and University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 12:6301s-6304s. 2006....
- Prevention of breast cancer using selective oestrogen receptor modulators (SERMs)Trevor J Powles
Parkside Oncology Centre, Parkside, Wimbledon, London SW19 5NB, UK
Breast Cancer Res 8:111. 2006..A direct comparison of tamoxifen with raloxifene showed similar risk reduction for breast cancer and osteoporotic fractures with less toxicity for raloxifene...
- Reduction in bone relapse and improved survival with oral clodronate for adjuvant treatment of operable breast cancer [ISRCTN83688026]Trevor Powles
Parkside Oncology, London, UK
Breast Cancer Res 8:R13. 2006....
- Red clover isoflavones are safe and well tolerated in women with a family history of breast cancerTrevor J Powles
Breast Unit, Parkside Oncology Clinic, Wimbledon, London, UK
Menopause Int 14:6-12. 2008....
- Breast cancer preventionTrevor J Powles
Royal Marsden NHS Trust, and Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Oncologist 7:60-4. 2002..New trials in chemoprevention of breast cancer being started or being proposed use luteinizing-hormone-releasing hormone analogues, aromatase inhibitors, and other SERMs...
- The effect of the stromal component of breast tumours on prediction of clinical outcome using gene expression microarray analysisSusan J Cleator
Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, Fulham Road, SW3 6JB, London, UK
Breast Cancer Res 8:R32. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the effect of the cellular composition of biopsies on the error rates of multigene predictors of response of breast tumours to neoadjuvant adriamycin and cyclophosphamide (AC) chemotherapy...
- Breast cancer incidence in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis or low bone mass using arzoxifeneTrevor J Powles
Breast Unit, The Cancer Centre London at Parkside, Wimbledon, London, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:299-306. 2012..These findings demonstrate that in this study arzoxifene reduced the risk of ER-positive breast cancer in this population of postmenopausal women with low bone mass or osteoporosis, an effect similar to that seen with other SERMs...
- Continuing outcomes relevant to Evista: breast cancer incidence in postmenopausal osteoporotic women in a randomized trial of raloxifeneSilvana Martino
Cancer Institute Medical Group, 2001 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 560W, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1751-61. 2004..We conducted the Continuing Outcomes Relevant to Evista (CORE) trial to examine the effect of 4 additional years of raloxifene therapy on the incidence of invasive breast cancer in women in MORE who agreed to continue in CORE...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology technology assessment on the use of aromatase inhibitors as adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer: status report 2004Eric P Winer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, D1210, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:619-29. 2005..To update the 2003 American Society of Clinical Oncology technology assessment on adjuvant use of aromatase inhibitors...
- Prevention of breast cancer using SERMsTrevor J Powles
Parkside Oncology Clinic London, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 630:232-6. 2008..Tamoxifen is licensed for breast cancer risk reduction in the USA and raloxifene has also recently been approved by the FDA for such use...
- BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation status and analysis of cancer family history in participants of the Royal Marsden Hospital tamoxifen chemoprevention trialZsofia Kote-Jarai
Translational Cancer Genetics Team, Section of Cancer Genetics, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Cancer Lett 247:259-65. 2007..03) in the cancers developing in tamoxifen-treated patients. These results suggest that tamoxifen is less likely to be effective at reducing breast cancers which are ER negative and also in some individuals at higher HR...
- Anti-oestrogenic chemoprevention of breast cancer-the need to progressTrevor J Powles
Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
Eur J Cancer 39:572-9. 2003....
- Anti-oestrogenic prevention of breast cancer--the make or break pointTrevor J Powles
Breast Cancer Unit at the Royal Marsden Hospital, London SW2 5PT, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 2:787-94. 2002..So how can we improve the odds for the successful use of endocrine chemoprevention?..
- American Society of Clinical Oncology technology assessment on the use of aromatase inhibitors as adjuvant therapy for women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer: status report 2002Eric P Winer
Health Services Research Department, American Society of Clinical Oncology, 1900 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3317-27. 2002..POTENTIAL INTERVENTIONS: Anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane...
- Is raloxifene ready to be used for prevention of breast cancer?Trevor J Powles
Int J Fertil Womens Med 51:203-4. 2006
- The feasibility of using fine needle aspiration from primary breast cancers for cDNA microarray analysesLaura Assersohn
Royal Marsden Hospital, Surrey SM2 5PT, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 8:794-801. 2002....
- Gene expression profiles derived from fine needle aspiration correlate with response to systemic chemotherapy in breast cancerChristos Sotiriou
Division of Clinical Sciences, Advanced Technology Center, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Gaithersburg, USA
Breast Cancer Res 4:R3. 2002..Our goal was to determine the feasibility of obtaining representative expression array profiles from limited amounts of tissue and to identify those expression profiles that correlate with treatment response...
- Advances in treating metastatic bone cancer: summary statement for the First Cambridge ConferenceAllan Lipton
Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA, and Department of Oncology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 12:6209s-6212s. 2006..The conclusions reached during the 2-day meeting are summarized in this article and presented in more detail in the individual articles and accompanying discussion sessions that comprise the conference proceedings...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology technology assessment working group update: use of aromatase inhibitors in the adjuvant settingEric P Winer
American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2597-9. 2003
- Tamoxifen-induced anorexia is associated with fatty acid synthase inhibition in the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus and accumulation of malonyl-CoAMiguel Lopez
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QR, U K
Diabetes 55:1327-36. 2006..The finding that TMX can modulate appetite through alterations in FAS expression and malonyl-CoA levels suggests a link between hypothalamic sex steroid receptors, fatty acid metabolism, and feeding behavior...